Classification: ANU Officer 6/7 (Administration)
Salary Package: 86,960 - 100,098 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing
This is a continuing position for a highly motivated WHS Consultant who has a strong background and interest in conducting WHS audits and support the ANU’s WHS Management System.
The WHS Safety Consultant will work closely with areas and colleagues across the University community including WHS Committees, Subcommittees, Safety and Wellbeing Group team members and other external stakeholders
Working within a team of professionals in the Safety and Wellbeing Group (SWG), the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Consultant will provide audit services, procedural, work environment, risk assessment and advice to facilitate effective implementation of the University WHS Management System.
The position reports to the Sheren, Al-Obaidi, WHS Manager, Safety Systems and Audits, but will work closely with areas and colleagues across the University community and other external stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate
To be successful in this role, you will have a high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, including senior managements, staff, students and external providers, in a culturally diverse environment. In addition, you will require proven organisational skills, excellent attention-to-detail, the ability to prioritise own workload and work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
What we offer
- A supportive work environment that will nurture your career and assist you in further developing your work health and safety skills.
- The opportunity to network and build relationships with a diverse client group at the heart of Australia's finest university.
- A dedicated and passionate team of work health and safety professionals who are making a difference to improve the safety and wellbeing of our staff and students.
- Generous remuneration and conditions.
- Work in a beautiful campus environment on the city's doorstep.
For further information, please contact Sheren AI-Obaidi, Manager WHS, Systems and Audits,T: 02 6125 2010 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit httJ;ls://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/resJ:lect-jnclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria, with clear examples for each criteria (no more than 2 pages)
- Current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees, you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents: Auditor certification, a sample report from the last audit report conducted (redacted version only).
- Other documents: if applicable.
Applications that do not address the selection criteria, may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Closing at: Dec 10 2023 at 23:55 AEDT