52 Faculty of Chemistry
Working hours: 30 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc)
Limited until: permanent
Reference no.: 1717
Among the many good reasons to want to research and teach at the University of Vienna, there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for their continuous striving and curiosity in order to be able to be scientifically successful. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
Your personal sphere of influence:
Our highly motivated team offers a position for a PraeDoc in the area of bioinorganic chemistry in a challenging scientific environment and a great working atmosphere. Aim is the synthesis of novel tumor-specific anticancer drugs with reduced adverse effects and increased efficacy. The strongly interdisciplinary project will be carried out as part of the “Translational Cancer Therapy Research” cluster in close cooperation with the Institute of Cancer Research at the Medical University of Vienna (http://tctr.univie.ac.at/). Within this cluster, all expertise and state-of-the-art facilities are available to develop next-generation anticancer therapeutics.
Your future tasks:
- Accomplishment of research projects in the area of bio(in)organic chemistry mainly focused on the synthesis of tumor-inhibiting compounds and additionally some analytical investigations in biologically relevant media.
- Synthetic research work will take place in close coordination with experts in molecular biology and cell biology in order to enable the optimal design of the potential cancer therapeutics.
- You will teach courses independently to the extent specified in the collective agreement.
- You will be actively involved in research, teaching and administration: and you will participate in research projects and research studies.
- You will participate in publications, academic articles, presentations
- You will be expected to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months.
- Furthermore you will supervise students and carry out administrative tasks in teaching or research.
This is part of your personality:
- You have a diploma or masters degree in chemistry, preferably in organic or inorganic chemistry or equivalent qualification. You have some experience in the field of synthetic chemistry, especially the synthesis or characterisation of (metal-based) anticancer compounds.
- Experience in the field of NMR-spectroscopy, analytical HPLC(-MS) as well as preparative HPLC
- Team player, experience in academic teaching. Profound verbal and written skills. Desirable qualifications are: teaching experience and experience of working with e-learning, knowledge of university processes and structures and ideallyexperience abroad - Basic experience in research methods and academic writing.
- As an enthusiastic, hard-working, dedicated person who enjoys working independently as well as being a team player, you will blend into and be a valuable addition to our group.
- Very good knowledge of German and English
The position is Prae Doc, Model 1.: The contract duration is 3 years with a preliminary limitation of 1,5 years and will automatically be extended to 3 years unless the employer hands in a non-extension declaration after 12 months. An extension up to a total of 4 years is then possible provided the excellent performance of the candidate.
- Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible, family-friendly working hours, remote/hybrid and/or part-time work (upon agreement).
- Inspiring working atmosphere: You will be part of a diverse team with excellent research infrastructures and a great work atmosphere.
- Good public transport connections: Our institute is located in the centre of Vienna, 9 district, close to underground and various tram stations.
- Fair salary: The salary, starting with EUR 3.277,30 (full time) can be increased if you have relevant professional experience.
- Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
How to apply:
- Letter of motivation including major research interests
- Academic curriculum vitae
- List of publications
- Evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Degree certificates.
- Apply via the jobportal
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 01/02/2024