45 Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies
Startdate: 01.01.2024 | Working hours: 40 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc)
Limited until: permanent
Reference no.: 1689
At the Faculty of Philology and Cultural Studies, on October 1st. In 2020, the interdisciplinary master's program in "Digital Humanities" was established, which is also carried out with the participation of other faculties at the University of Vienna.
Your personal sphere of play:
The position is located at the Institute for European and Comparative Linguistics and Literature in the working group Digital Humanities, which is currently being established.
Your future tasks:
- Documenting and supporting projects and project applications in the field of digital humanities within Vienna University
- Coordinating the syllabus of the Digital Humanities master’s course
- Arranging for internships and Digital Humanities projects within the master’s course
- Independent teaching as determined by the collective labour agreement
- Collaborating in research, teaching and administration
- Collaborating in research projects
- International publications and participation in international conferences
- Applying for third-party funded projects and, in general, securing third-party funding
- Giving tests and exams
- Mentoring students
- Participation in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- Audit activity
This is part of your personality:
- You hold a dissertation or PhD in the field of cultural (preferably philological or historical) studies or in a related field including an aspect of philological and cultural studies
- You have the necessary subject-specific, methodological and didactic competence
- You are highly articulate in both written and spoken language
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English and good knowledge of German for study administration
- Basic programming skills (Python)
- Teamwork skills
- University education in the field of linguistics and literature studies
- Teaching experience/experience with e-learning
- Experience in participating in research projects
- Publications in renowned, relevant media (peer-reviewed depending on professional standards)
- International lectures
- University training in the field of information and data processing
- Knowledge of university processes and structures
- Foreign experiences
- Experience in advising students
- Additional knowledge of mathematical and statistical procedures is an advantage.
What we offer:
Work-life balance: Our employees enjoy flexible working hours, remote/hybrid and/or part-time work (upon agreement).
Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team in a healthy and fair working environment.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Internal further training & Coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Permanent employment and fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 4,351.90 (14 times a year for senior scientists postdoctoral)
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- Motivation letter
- Scientific CV (including list of publications, list of courses, list of lectures)
- Description of research interests and research plans / if applicable, the habilitation project
- Contact addresses of possible referees
- Certificate of completed doctoral/PhD studies
- Relevant university degree certificates
About our job portal / Apply now – button
If you have any content questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 12/15/2023