Research Laboratory Specialist
Job Title: Research Laboratory Specialist
Reporting Line: Associate Dean for Research
Department: College of Medicine and Health Sciences
Research Laboratory Specialist is responsible to work closely with the Principle Investigators (PI) to help assist in research laboratory operations and work in the foundation stages of research and development (R&D) and in scientific analysis and investigation.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide scientific, technical and logistical support to Research laboratory users.
- Develop, design and conduct research lab experiments in line with the overall research plan, review progress and evaluate results with supervision from the Principal Investigator
- Formulate research methods and suggest options for improving quality, identify potential problems, and recommend solutions.
- Assist in the selection, safe operation and maintenance of equipment used in the laboratories.
- Conduct a cost and risk analysis on the design and the equipment to be selected to ensure proper and efficient selection.
- Work effectively as part of a laboratory team, including assisting colleagues in skill development as needed.
- Maintain databases and experimental records.
- Assist with maintenance of equipment and train others on use of equipment.
- Assist with laboratory safety and ordering.
- Ensure that all aspects of day to day operations comply with HSE policies and procedures and take corrective action in cases on non-compliance.
- Conduct analysis of data, and interpret and implement research methodology (with supervision from the Principal Investigator).
- Act as liaison with other departments, divisions or organizations.
- Monitor an inventory and database of all equipment and supplies and ensure the accuracy of entries and records.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications & Experience
A Bachelor’s or master’s degree in related field.
Experience in/or cell culture, genomics, proteomics, imaging, animal studies, histological tissue processing, immunohistochemistry, experimental pharmacology, drug discovery, microbiology, immunology, with a background in data analysis, inventory and lab management.
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 1 years of relevant experience
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Type: Full-time