- School of Health, Sunshine Coast Campus, Sippy Downs or Moreton Bay Campus, Petrie
- Level C, $131,714 - $151,782 p.a., plus up to 17% employer superannuation
- Full-time, Ongoing
SOH: Where Passion Meets Impact - Join the School of Health!
Are you eager to make a difference in health education and research? Join our dedicated team of researchers and educators at the School of Health (SOH). We have a strong focus on cultivating healthy minds, bodies, and environments through our teaching, research, and outreach efforts. With a purpose that extends regionally and impacts globally, we are committed to advancing knowledge in the health sector and improving the well-being of our communities. Together, let's create healthier communities now and for the generations to come.
In this role, you will have a multifaceted approach to your contributions. As a dedicated educator, you will engage in high-quality teaching, fostering a stimulating and inclusive learning environment for students. Your expertise will inspire and challenge learners, equipping them with the necessary skills and knowledge to excel academically and professionally. In addition to teaching, you will actively participate in research initiatives aligned with your area of expertise. Your research endeavours will be encouraged and supported, aiming to make valuable contributions to Biomedical Science and beyond. Through your research, you will contribute to evidence-based practices and innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
For more information on the School of Health, please visit us online: https://www.usc.edu.au/about/structure/schools/school-of-health
- make significant contributions to teaching and research areas within the discipline of biomedical sciences, through both teaching practice and leadership in teaching;
- undertake teaching, course coordination and student supervision in undergraduate biomedical science programs;
- design and develop innovative curricula and teaching materials;
- undertake and systematically address teaching and course evaluations and peer reviews to improve their teaching practice and course design;
- make positive contributions to research projects; supervise honours students and candidates for higher degrees by research; play a part in successful grant applications; and maintain a track record of publishing in quality refereed journals; and
- demonstrate the ability to influence, motivate and inspire both students and other academic staff.
Our candidate will possess strong subject matter expertise, pedagogical expertise, excellent communication skills, a passion for teaching and learning, a student-centered approach, and a commitment to innovative and engaging teaching methods. This includes a deep understanding of pedagogical principles and instructional strategies, including implementing effective teaching methods to enhance student learning outcomes. You will create a conducive learning environment, maintaining discipline and fostering a positive atmosphere for learning. Assessment and feedback; designing fair and relevant assessments to evaluate student progress and areas for improvement. Adaptability and flexibility; adapt to diverse learning needs and situations, adjusting the teaching approach based on student feedback and emerging educational trends. However, it's your exceptional leadership and innovative thinking that truly define you, coupled with a deep understanding of the latest trends in digital and higher education.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Completion of a doctoral qualification in a relevant field or equivalent accreditation and standing.
- Sound leadership contributions and personal qualities that influence the development and maintenance of a positive academic environment which is conducive to high levels of engagement and standards of achievement for both staff and students.
- Effectiveness as a teacher, which is evidenced by:
- student feedback on teaching using valid instrument/s, peer reviews and/or student outcomes, and
- the capacity to conceive, develop and deliver higher education curricula and contribute to the practice and leadership of relevant areas of teaching
- A sound and established track record of research activity, including for example: refereed publications; participation in research teams whose research is funded by external competitive grants; quality supervision of, and timely completions by, candidates for honours and higher degrees by research; and impact of research.
UniSC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, including those with disabilities, women in STEM, First Nations Peoples, and individuals of diverse cultures, genders, abilities, and experiences. We value achievement relative to opportunity and encourage your commentary on your achievements in this context. For additional support during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or call +61 7 5430 2830.
All applications must be lodged through our website. To apply please visit our website at https://www.usc.edu.au/about/work-at-unisc
Applications for this position close midnight, Friday, 22 December 2023 (please note applications will be shortlisted for interview in mid January 2024).
Your completed application must include:
- a statement that addresses each of the selection criteria contained within the position description and your resume/curriculum vitae. Further information regarding how to prepare your application and effectively address selection criteria is available on our website information for applicants.
Position Description: Senior Lecturer in Biomedical Science
We would love the opportunity to get to know you better, but we know it works both ways. To get to know a little more about us, visit us at https://www.linkedin.com/school/university-of-the-sunshine-coast/life/academiccareers
Have questions or want to know more?
Between the period 24 November - 1 December 2023 please contact:
Associate Professor Fraser Russell
Discipline Lead, Biomedicine
Telephone: 07 5459 4665
Between the period 4 - 21 December 2023 please contact:
Dr Kate Mounsey
Senior Lecturer in Biomedical Science
Telephone: 07 5456 5245
Working towards a better tomorrow
We're all about doing work that matters, connecting with great people, and being part of an incredible journey. We're not the biggest university. But we're growing every day, and doing big things. Like ground-breaking research, championing sustainability, producing gold-winning athletes and award-winning alumni.
We're one of the fastest growing universities in Australia, growing to over 2,000 people across 5 campuses in South East Queensland.
Teaching excellence is at the heart of what we do, and our commitment to sustainability is integrated into our teaching, research, and daily operations. According to the 2023-24 Good Universities Guide we are Australia's highest rated public university for postgraduate teaching quality, skills development and student support and Australia's number one public university for overall postgraduate student experience. Our research tackles the most pressing challenges of our time, with 26 research fields ranked at or above world standard according to the Excellence in Research for Australia Rankings. In 2023 we recorded the biggest improvement in Australia for research quality, moving up more than 331 places in the world rank.
At UniSC you will have the opportunity to shape the educational landscape and inspire the minds of future generations. We foster a collaborative and supportive environment, encouraging continuous professional development and providing resources to enhance your teaching and research endeavours.
We recognise and value the contributions of each team member to our culture and success. We're not afraid to be different, and we're looking for people who share our values and want to be part of a team that is working together to improve our local and global challenges.
Culture & Benefits:
- Our collaborative, passionate and welcoming culture is what really sets us apart.
- Modern teaching & research facilities.
- Professional development and career pathway opportunities.
- We are a proud recipient of the prestigious Athena SWAN Bronze Award, granted as part of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) initiative.
- Flexible work arrangements & generous leave options.
- Salary packing options + 17% Super.
- EAP, fitness passport & discounted private health.