- Combine academic expertise with meaningful impact on society
- Staff benefits and discounts include health, accommodation discounts, and purchased leave
- Part-time (0.6 FTE), fixed-term (2 years) role based on a Tasmanian Campus or remotely
About the opportunity
The Social Work Program at the University of Tasmania is in an exciting phase of expansion, establishing itself as a leader in Tasmanian-focused, world relevant research, practice, and education.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Fellow in Social Work (Clinical Practice) within the School of Social Sciences which sits within the College of Arts, Law and Education. We are a multi-campus school specialising in Sociology, Criminology, Social Work, Politics and Policy, International Relations, Tourism, Policing and Emergency Management. Students study with us across campuses in Hobart, Launceston and Burnie in Tasmania, at the Victorian Police Academy in Melbourne, and in Rozelle and Darlinghurst in New South Wales.
The University of Tasmania Social Work Clinic and Research Service (SW-CARES) is strategically located at the crossroads of the University and the Tasmanian community. Our mission is to offer education research, teaching, and placement activities in a clinical setting that directly addresses community needs. The role of Senior Fellow in Social Work (Clinical Practice) presents an exciting chance to merge scholarly prowess with tangible societal influence. Although we highly recommend applicants from other states to contemplate moving to Tasmania, we acknowledge that the job location can be flexible within Australia.
As our ideal candidate, we are looking for someone with a proven track record in project management and evaluation, adept at applying various methodologies for data collection and analysis. You should be able to collaborate with diverse stakeholders to implement new clinical or service approaches. Experience in mentoring and supervising social work students is essential. Lastly, you should have the ability to secure external funding to support service development and expansion.
Join us on this fulfilling journey and be a part of shaping the future of Social Work in Tasmania!
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the development and evaluation of a new digital service to support the development and delivery of social work and other allied health placements across the state.
- Provide professional supervision and mentoring to social work students completing their field education placements in SW-CARES and facilitate interdisciplinary learning activities across Social Work and Allied Health.
- Develop and maintain productive and effective partnerships inside the University and locally and nationally with the discipline, relevant interdisciplinary domains, profession, industry and/or wider community.
- Contribute to funding applications to support the sustainability and scale up of placements across SW-CARES and Allied Health Clinics.
- Contribute to developing Indigenising and decolonising practices across the range of research, teaching, and professional activities undertaken in the role.
What we’re looking for:
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- A PhD in Social Work with at least 2 years full-time equivalent post qualifying practice experience in social work or a related field.
- A demonstrated ability to liaise and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders, including clients, staff and external partners to support the implementation of a new clinical or service approach.
- A demonstrated ability to mentor and supervise social work students completing field education placements.
- Demonstrated capacity to apply for external competitive funding to support service development and scale up.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level B and will have a total remuneration package of up to $147,083 comprising base salary within the range of $108,285 to $125,712 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide the following supporting documentation:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role
- Your responses to the success criteria from the Position Description below
- For further information about this position, please contact Taya Dineley, Business Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 6324 3239
- Please visit https://www.utas.edu.au/jobs/applying for our guide to applying and details on the recruitment process.
- Please refer to the attached Position Description Below for full details.
Position Description - 499430 Senior Fellow in Social Work (Clinical Practice).pdf
Social Work Recruitment Brochure.pdf
Applications close Sunday, 17 December 2023, 11:55 pm
To be eligible for this position, you are required to have Australian citizenship, permanent residence or a current valid visa that allows you to fulfil the requirements of this role.