KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant to work on testing and design fine tuning of an in house built electrical impedance tomography. Applications from BSc holders in the area of Embedded Systems design and Instrumentation are required to support an interdisciplinary project funded by Khalifa University between the Electrical and Mechanical Engineering departments to develop a multisensory system. The appointment will be for 6 months and starts December 1, 2023. The project’s aim is to substitute the actual costly chemical-based facility used for oil-water de-emulsification by a sustainable and environmental friendly AI-solution, which consists of smart sensors and actuators, embedding state of the art algorithms of AI and machine learning. Real-time performance, accuracy of measurement and separation efficiency would be the main target features of the system.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the Embedded Systems and Real-time imaging Lab and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Bachelors from a reputable university in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Experience of undertaking assigned research tasks and contributing to academic outputs
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to function as part of a team working on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors gained from and/or experience working in a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 1 year of relevant experience as a researcher in academia or in industry
- Experience contributing to high impact publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Type: Full-time