- A Research Engineer/Associate position is available at Khalifa University of Science and Technology (Abu Dhabi, UAE) under the VRI-Sustainability, focused on the development of novel control strategies for renewable and energy management systems for hybrid AC/DC microgrids. The developed controls will aid in enhancing the system stability as well as improve the protection effectiveness. The research will be dealing with both centralized and decentralized controllers.
- Required skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of juniors, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Developing novel control strategies for renewable integration and control in hybrid ac/dc connected/isolated microgrids.
- Developing control strategies and battery configurations for EV systems
- Developing new Energy Management strategies for microgrids with high EV penetration aiming for ensuring high efficiency and reliability of hybrid system.
- Design optimal microgrid Architecture with AC/DC grid connections;
- Design centralized and decentralized Controllers for Hybrid microgrid;
- Support in building a hardware validation test bed.
- Support in writing project reports, research articles, proposals, and presenting research achievements at conferences/seminars as well as filing possible patent application out of the project results.
Assist in supervising undergraduate/graduate students working on tasks relevant to the project.
Qualifications & Experience
Interested candidates should have a Master degree in Electrical engineering with strong background in Power System Operation and Control. The candidate must have an established record of scholarship with significant journal publications and demonstrated expertise in power system and control.
We are particularly interested in candidates with the following qualities:
- Very strong background in Power system operation;
- Power System optimization & Control
- Renewable energy integration
- Self-independent and self-motivated;
- Very good mathematical background. Experience in Modeling;
- Very good written and oral communication skills;
- Work experience in relevant research projects is preferable.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Research Associate
Job Type: Full-time