- Full time
- Fixed Term – 3 years
- Bundoora Campus
- Become a member of an active research team with a great reputation
About the position
This position will contribute to the research program in the Discipline of Food, Nutrition and Dietetics and the Sport, Performance and Nutrition Research Group at La Trobe University.
It will include both collaborating on and contributing to existing research projects as well as seeking funding for new research projects.
The Discipline of Food, Nutrition and Dietetics at La Trobe has a vision to advance food and nutrition science and dietetic practice through innovative, collaborative, high-impact and translatable research, with the aim of improving the health, wellbeing and performance of individuals and communities.
We use food and dietary changes to promote health, prevent disease, manage nutrition-related health conditions and optimise performance.
We work collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams, as well as industry partners to solve real world problems, from preventing disease and improving quality of life of patients, right through to optimising performance of elite athletes.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent qualifications or research experience in a relevant field.
- A record of publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of strong research potential.
- Demonstrated experience in managing clinical trials or complex projects involving human participants.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new research skills, methods and technologies.
- Currently licenced and trained as a DXA operator and trained phlebotomist or willing to undertake training and such tasks at work as required.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm, Sunday 7th January 2024
Position Enquiries: Regina Belski via email R.Belski@latrobe.edu.au
Recruitment Enquiries: Lisa White via Email Lisa.White@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Research-Only Postdoc Food Nutrition & Dietetics.pdf
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each bullet point under the Essential Criteria ‘Skills and knowledge required for the position’, which is located in the position description.
Shortlisted candidates will need to be available for interviews mid- January 2024.
Please scroll down to apply.
We’d love to stay connected! If you would like to find out more about this School, please follow us on LinkedIn:
School of Allied Health, Human Services and Sport: https://www.linkedin.com/company/47665779
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
La Trobe University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We take an intersectional approach by actively supporting and encouraging people of all backgrounds and abilities to submit an application and aim to ensure that the recruitment and employee experience is as accessible and inclusive as possible. Flexibility in interview format will be offered to shortlisted candidates.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.