- Fantastic opportunity to join a multidisciplinary research team and provide operational coordination and support research projects providing a range of administrative services to support the performance and progress of one or more projects.
- Working closely with international researchers, undertaking work in Vietnam and other international settings.
- Located at Medical foundation K25 Building, Camperdown Campus
- Full time, fixed term position for 12 months with view for extension - Allowing Hybrid Working 2- 3 days in the office
- Base Salary $83,384 - $93,362 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
A Flagship Centre of Excellence at the University of Sydney- The NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre (CTC) is a flagship centre of excellence in clinical trials research at the University of Sydney. We design and deliver trials related research, including coordination, monitoring, data acquisition and management, and statistical analysis.
The University of Sydney has a fantastic opportunity for a well experienced Project Officer to join a multidisciplinary team and support research aiming to educate, empower and support people with respiratory disease and medicinal Research projects..
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Project Officer working towards the project's milestones, goals, and objectives. To perform all facets of research aiming to develop co-designed medication management guidance resources for use in the community.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- undertake planning and preliminary analysis to investigate and support the scoping of research programs/projects, providing administrative support to one or more projects
- control of project materials and reports liaising with research staff on the projects.
- manage funding details of research such as project finance expenditure and activities, invoicing etc. providing financial and budget management, including financial and operational reports for funder(s)
- maintain and manage project data using the record management system, ensuring data integrity, and confidentiality
- project management with exceptional computer literacy and administrative skills to implement project governance and reporting procedures to monitor project delivery, and track and report progress to relevant committee Implement effective and transparent communication strategies to keep stakeholders informed.
- Develop and implement the communications strategy, and associated initiatives, campaigns and activities for the new events and programs, by working collaboratively with other teams and preparing flyers, communications materials including newsletters.
- Supporting organisation of research meetings, webinars and podcasts
- assist with the day to day running of research group, including maintaining meeting minutes; coordinating equipment purchases and other payments; assist researchers and delegations with travel and associated reimbursement cost
To be successful in this role, you have:
- a tertiary qualification and/or relevant work experience, preferably in project management (training and education activities) and administration
- extensive experience in developing and working on projects, including expertise in using strong administrative skills and computer literacy, alongside the ability to problem solve and work in a flexible and adaptable manner
- leadership skills and experience with exceptional stakeholder management and autonomy of work
- previous experience in higher education / tertiary work or at a complex and multi-faceted organization, as well as budgetary and financial management skills and experience (preferred, but not required)
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with day to day operational matters
- numeracy skills together with experience in controlling income/expenditure for reconciliation/budget tracking and managing invoice payments and purchases- liaising with finance team.
- Ability to take initiative, achieving results through a commitment to excellence
- Experience in preparing flyers, communication materials, presentation slides, webinar, agenda and meeting minutes.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Faiza Khan, Recruitment Operations, on via email to Faiza.email@example.com.
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Thursday 07 December 2023 11:59 PM