The primary function of the role is to manage the day to day aspects of King’s overseas Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Corporate Tax registrations.
This role is important for the university to ensure we remain compliant with overseas legislations providing consistency and cost efficiency .
Reporting to the Head of Tax within the Tax Services team, this role will work as part of a team supporting this service and so may be asked to work across the service’s activities and occasionally support the work of the wider Financial Services team.
The role holder will form and maintain strong working relationships across Finance & other areas of the university that the service relates to.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
- The day-to-day compliance obligations for GST including compiling and submitting returns, dealing with enquiries from the Tax authorities.
- To deal with overlaps with GSM and Payroll.
- In addition, some territories will require us to have a Permanent Establishment for Corporate purposes which means Corporate Taxes may be payable but there will certainly be compliance obligations and risk management.
- Another one will be to work with me to optimise our Tax position internationally seeking out opportunities to save money and consider what the most efficient corporate structure will be.
- Working with internal stakeholders and external advisors to build and develop the relationships.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Good knowledge of International Taxation, specifically overseas GST and Corporate Taxation.
- Strong analytical skills and detailed orientated
- Customer service skills and a service approach in your professional work
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in the written word, in person and on the telephone.
- Numerate and IT literate with the ability to use the standard suite of office software together with knowledge of one or more corporate Finance systems.
- Significant experience working in Taxation within a multi-national organisation.
- Experienced in implementing and running new processes, policies and IT solutions.
- Ability to build and manage internal and external relationships.
- Self-management and ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and working to a high-level of accuracy.
- An understanding of the university sector and its reliefs would be an advantage.
- Participating in RFP’s / procurements
- Experience of having worked in a large-scale multinational organisation.
We ask all candidates to submit a copy of their CV, and a supporting statement, detailing how they meet the essential criteria listed in the advert. If we receive a strong field of candidates, we may use the desirable criteria to choose our final shortlist, so please include your evidence against these where possible.
To find out how our managers review your application, please take a look at our How we Recruit pages.
This role does not meet the requirements of the Home Office and therefore we are not able to offer sponsorship for candidates who require the right to work in the UK.