- Develop vision-based target identification in uniform appearance scenes using UAV’s
- Review the proof of concept of a current, evaluate the performance of the cloud seeding system, and identify areas for improvement and refinement.
- Develop a robust UAV control module to enhance flight autonomy in challenging weather conditions.
- Research and survey vision-based path planning algorithms. Investigate integrating vision sensor capabilities into the existing cloud seeding system. Test and validate the improved path-planning algorithms
- Conduct rigorous testing in outdoor environments with various conditions and challenges in terms of visibility, wind, and dust. Monitor and gather data on the system's performance and effectiveness.
- To provide high-quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication, thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
Present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the KUCARS and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- a) Assume primary responsibility for the development of the research project.
- b) Initiating, coordinating and conducting research activities within project Work Packages.
- c) Project management - ensuring outcomes are delivered on time.
- d) Documentation - producing technical and organizational documents related to R4II.2 project, including conference and journal papers.
- e) Event Management - planning and coordinating activities and events (evaluation sessions, demos, etc.) related to the project, also in a wider context of KUCARS activities and events.
- f) Budgets - assisting in managing budgets related to the project and estimating budget requirements, in coordination with KU entities (Procurement, Finance, etc.).
- g) Stakeholder Engagement - coordinating external stake holder engagement including support to raising event sponsorship money
- h) Publicity – reporting to KU External Relations on activities requiring publicity and dissemination (including involvement in publicity materials, promotional videos, advertisements, etc.)
- PhD from a reputable university.
- Experience writing scientific or review papers;
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 1 years of relevant experience as a Post-doctoral researcher in academia or in industry.
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time