Lecturer / Full Professor in Food, Chemical and Biotechnology
FACULTY OPENINGS AT THE SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
The Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is Singapore’s fifth autonomous university and was founded with the vision to lead in innovative university education by integrating learning, industry and community. SIT espouses an applied learning approach and offers degrees that focus on industry-relevant science and technology areas. Our faculty work closely with industry on translational research and innovation, as well as providing consultancy to address industry challenges. This well-established nexus with industry endows our graduates with deep skills and work-ready training experience - attuning them to the needs and demands of the future economy.
As a young university, we encourage innovation and seek the right candidates to join us in realizing our vision. We offer competitive remuneration, generous employment benefits access to funding to undertake research of relevance to industry, and the opportunities to inspire and nurture the next generation of skilled and work-ready graduates. We currently have positions available at all levels from Lecturer to Full Professor in Chemical Engineering or related disciplines.
Priority skill areas include:
- process monitoring and control, industry 4.0, modeling, AI and ML applications for the process industries with particular emphasis on delivering step change improvements in process performance;
- Informatics for process and product development with a background in big data applications in biotechnology, process development or food technology;
- Quantitative scientific skills in physical chemistry/biochemistry/formulation to enable deeper process and product understanding in high value chemical, pharmaceutical biotechnology and/or food applications.
The successful candidate would be expected to teach core chemical of pharmaceutical engineering subjects and to develop applied research to support the continuing development of Singapore’s process industries.
- A PhD in Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Strong communication skills
- Aptitude for Applied Research leading to application of new knowledge to solve real-world problems
- A high level of digital literacy
The following are desirable:
- Manufacturing, design or research experience in the process and related industries
- Knowledge and experience of Sustainability assessment as applied to the process industries
- Chartered or Professional Engineer status
Successful candidates will join the Food, Chemical and Biotechnology (FCB) Cluster (one of five domain clusters in SIT), as members of a team of accomplished experts who are passionate about higher education and deeply involved with industry transformation through their applied research programmes.
Faculty in the FCB Cluster undertake funded industry-relevant research, teach courses in Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Engineering and Food Technology as well as supervise graduate industry masters and doctorate students in relevant topics. They are also provided with paid leave to undertake consultancy work with industry and/or spend time attached to work with industry.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. All applications must be submitted electronically via SIT Career Website.