KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to work on the development of a soft, jet propulsion system able to perform agile underwater locomotion and thrust vectoring. In particular, the awarded candidate will contribute toward the following tasks:
- The postdoc will also conduct high level numerical simulations incorporating underwater soft thrusters based on multi-dimensional and multi-physics computational fluid dynamic (CFD) approach using OpenFOAM.
- Fabrication and integration of mechatronic components for underwater application
- Publish high-quality journal and international conference papers based on the obtained research results
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the KUCARS (https://www.ku.ac.ae/kucars) and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Expert in Computational Fluid Dynamics with hands-on experience of CFD and other modelling codes such as OpenFOAM, StarCCM+, MATLAB, Tecplot etc.
- Good programming skills in C++, MATLAB and Phyton
- Excellent writing and communication skills, strong publication records
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- PhD from a reputable university in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or a closely related discipline
- Experience writing scientific review papers and grants;
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 1 years of relevant experience as a Post-doctoral researcher in academia or in industry.
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time