Responsible for undertaking planned preventative and reactive maintenance throughout College buildings, whilst ensuring adherence to operational, regulatory and statutory compliance requirements. Ensuring records of planned and reactive maintenance are kept up to date and to a high standard.
The role will liaise with specialist contractors and other building dedicated engineers to maintain high quality service delivery and maximum system uptime. The Electrical Technician will ensure teams and clients (where applicable) are kept up to date on progress.
The Electrical Technician will be expected to optimise and analyse performance, whilst problem solving and offering creative solutions.
This role comes with excellent benefits, including but not limited to:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Range of opportunities for professional learning and development
- Excellent pension scheme
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
- To carry out planned and reactive maintenance as directed and within SLA
- To ensure all tasks are completed to a high standard, cost effective and maintained regularly and completed in a safe manner
- Take specific responsibility for the maintenance and operation of the sites electrical services
- Maintain a safe systems of work process and periodically update as may be required, ensure risk assessments are adhered to and registers are checked
- Conduct fault finding across all areas that Engineering are responsible for
- Collaborate with Campus Operations and other teams with regards to projects
- Conduct fault finding across all engineering infrastructures
- Minimise the risk of plant failure and breakdown and promote a reliability centred and conditioned based proactive maintenance process
- Deal responsibly with emergencies and breakdowns
- Attendance may be required occasionally outside of normal hours to support with critical work
- Comply with all statutory, company and client specific environmental, health, safety and quality standards applicable to the college environment
- Complete paperwork and comments for/on the CAFM system to a high standard
- You will be expected to deliver a high level of customer focused service and participate in training when required e.g. Fit For King’s
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Level 3 award/certificate in electrical field or equivalent or time serviced apprenticeship (Electrical) and strong, demonstrable competencies in electrical trades
- Good knowledge of engineering designs, installations, maintenance and repairs
- Good understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations regarding maintenance activities
- Good communicator including good verbal communication
- Ability to work from an iPad to manage work through our CAFM system
- IT literate (Excel, Teams and other Microsoft packages)
- Team player and flexible attitude
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to offer guidance on requests
- Ability to use, repair and maintain tools
- Pay attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- IOSH Managing Safely
- First Aid course
- Knowledge and understanding of working in critical environments
We ask all candidates to submit a copy of their CV, and a supporting statement, detailing how they meet the essential criteria listed in the advert. If we receive a strong field of candidates, we may use the desirable criteria to choose our final shortlist, so please include your evidence against these where possible.
To find out how our managers review your application, please take a look at our ‘How we Recruit’ pages.
This role does not meet the requirements of the Home Office and therefore we are not able to offer sponsorship for candidates who require the right to work in the UK.