50 Faculty of Life Sciences
Startdate: 01.01.2024 | Working hours: 30 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc)
Limited until: 31.12.2027
Reference no.: 1512
Among the many reasons to research and teach at the University of Vienna, there is one, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members. They see themselves as personalities who need space for their continuous striving and curiosity to be able to scientifically succeed. Does that sound good to you? Welcome to our team!
Your personal sphere of influence:
As a predoctoral university assistant, you will complement the research team around Verena Dirsch and will be given the opportunity to complete your doctoral thesis. You will also be part of our teaching team. Currently, the focus of our research are natural product-based ligands for nuclear receptors. Our Team currently consists of three postdocs and three predocs and is supported by one administrative colleague and three technical staﬀ members. Our group provides an excellent working atmosphere, which is emphasized also by master students completing their master thesis in our group.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic member of our team. Our research work uses techniques such as cell culture, Western Blot analysis, qPCR and other cell and molecular biology techniques. Our labs are equipped with up-to-date scientiﬁc facilities. Since our work group is embedded in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the Faculty of Life Sciences at the University of Vienna, we beneﬁt from an excellent scientiﬁc infrastructure.
Your future tasks:
You actively participate in research, teaching & administration, which means:
- You are involved in research projects and scientiﬁc studies in "Natural Products as Ligands of Nuclear Receptors".
- We expect you to ﬁnalize your dissertation agreement within 12-18 months.
- You work on your dissertation and its completion.
- You write publications and present your work in seminars and scientific conferences.
- You contribute to teaching within the scope of the provisions of the collective bargaining agreement.
- You take on administrative tasks in research and teaching, e.g. ordering lab consumables.
- You support students while they complete their master thesis.
- You actively take part at doctoral students' events.
This is part of your personality:
- Completed Master's degree in the ﬁeld of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, or a similar ﬁeld.
- Interest in the ﬁeld of Molecular Pharmacology and natural products.
- Basic experience in academic writing and research (e.g. within the scope of your master thesis).
- Didactic competences / experience with e-learning.
- IT user skills (e.g. Office and others)
- High ability to express yourself, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (C1 Level).
- You are a team player with high social skills.
- You are highly motivated and committed and you have an intrinsic interest in science.
- Ideally, you already have experience in standard cell-biology and molecular-biology techniques.
What we offer:
- Work-life balance: We live while we work ;-)
- Inspiring working atmosphere: You are a part of an international academic team with an excellent research infrastructure in an pleasant working atmosphere.
- Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
- Internal further training & coaching: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis.
- The employment duration is 4 years. Initially limited to 1.5 years, the employment relationship is automatically extended to 4 years if the employer does not terminate it within the first 12 months by submitting a non-extension declaration.
- Basic salary for 30 hrs/week: € 2.457,98 (40 hrs/week: € 3.277,30)
- Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It is that easy to apply:
- With your scientific curriculum vitae and your letter of intent.
- Document of your Master Degree, including certificates
- Via our job portal
If you have any questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 01/07/2024