50 Faculty of Life Sciences
Startdate: 04.12.2023 | Working hours: 20 | Collective bargaining agreement: §54 VwGr. IIIa
Limited until: 03.12.2024
Reference no.: 1677
(The position is limited to 1 year with the option of a permanent contract)
Your personal sphere of influence
The Mass Spectrometry infrastructure at the University of Vienna Biology Building (UBB) is equipped with diverse online-separation techniques and Mass Spectrometry instruments, enabling a wide range of applications, including proteomics and metabolomics.
The current Mass Spectrometry setups within the Research Support Facility at UBB are online separation techniques coupled with high-resolution mass spectrometry. These allow for qualitative and quantitative analysis of diverse and complex analytes, including applications in proteomics.
As part of the Life Science faculty, the research support facility mass spectrometry offers easy access to a multitude of collaborative projects.
Your future tasks
Your role entails various technical and administrative support tasks, guided by general instructions and guidelines. These responsibilities include:
- Assisting in setting up experiments, which includes preparing laboratory spaces and arranging the necessary equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Aiding in the preparation for routine Instrument set-up and troubleshooting within the Mass Spectrometry unit/Research Support Facility
- Maintaining accurate records, documentation and reports
- Updating the mass spectrometry schedule log, scheduling meetings and assisting with potential logistics for projects related to Mass Spectrometry Facility.
- Supporting the ordering and handling MS measurement bills associated with Mass Spectrometry Facility.
- Assisting in the inventory update for chemicals, reagents, supplies, consumables, equipment, and more.
- Facilitating effective communication within and outside the team.
- Supporting documentation efforts, including filing documents and data storage.
- Demonstrating flexibility by taking on additional/or new responsibilities to support the Mass Spectrometry unit/Research Support Facility.
This is part of your personality
We are seeking a laboratory technician with the following qualifications:
- A diploma from a technical school (such as HTL Rosensteingasse) or an associate degree in a chemical or technical field
- Proficiency in handling chemicals, solvents, and making solutions
- Familiarity with software applications (such as MaxQuant, Skyline)
- Proficiency in basic calculations, Excel, and office tasks
- Language skills: German language skills at native speaker level and very good English language skills
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Attention to detail and reliability
- Flexibility and adaptability
What we offer
Internal further training: Opportunity to deepen your skills on an ongoing basis. There are over 600 courses to choose from – free of charge.
Good public transport connections: Your workplace in the center of beautiful Vienna is easily accessible by public transport.
Fair salary: The basic salary of EUR 2.380,2 increases if we can credit professional experience.
Equal opportunities for everyone: We look forward to diverse personalities in the team!
It’s that easy to apply
- With your CV / letter of motivation
- Leaving certificate
Further information can be found on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Dr. Leila Afjehi-Sadat.
If you have any content questions, please contact:
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 12/12/2023