KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant to work on an exciting research project focused on the development of novel and nutritious superfoods for supplementary dietary solutions. This project aligns with KU's dedication to sustainable food research.
The project aims to create a superfood product with natural sugar sources, catering to the health and wellness needs of the UAE population. This role will involve extensive research into superfood production using low-temperature technology, with a specific emphasis on food formulation and drying techniques, dietary supplement development, and natural sugar incorporation.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the KU Food Lab and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Collaborate with the project team to conduct research studies focused on novel superfood development and nutritional assessment with necessary process optimization studies for sustainable food production
- Develop in conjunction with the project team desk, field, and/or lab-based studies to explore issues and address challenges related to food processing and preservation, ensuring quality and nutritional integrity
- Basic knowledge on state-of-the-art material testing and characterization equipment such as Microscopy (SEM, TEM), FTIR, XRD, TGA, HPLC, GC-MS, Particle rheology, and Microbiological analysis for in-depth food analysis
- Familiarity with relevant food chemistry techniques, such as Chromatography, Thermal Analysis, Calorimetry, and Spectroscopy
- Operational knowledge of lab methods, safety protocols, and standard operating procedures
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team, including researchers and project coordinators
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Bachelors/Masters from a reputable university in Chemical Engineering, Food Technology, Biotechnology, or related discipline
- Experience in undertaking assigned research tasks and contributing to academic outputs
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to function as part of a team working on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors/Masters gained from and/or experience working in a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 1 year of relevant experience as a researcher in academia or in industry
- Experience contributing to high impact publications in the top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Research Assistant
Job Type: Full-time