KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant to work on an exciting research project focused on cutting-edge research initiatives in the realm of innovative dairy processing and preservation. This project aligns with KU's dedication to sustainable food research.
The project will specifically focus on advancing dairy technology through non-conventional dairy processing and preservation techniques. It aims to unlock the full potential of an alternative dairy source through the development, optimization, and validation of novel processing methods that cater to the unique attributes of this innovative dairy source, thereby contributing to food safety and security.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the KU Food Lab and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Collaborate with the project team to conduct research studies focused on the development and assessment of non-conventional dairy processing and preservation techniques for sustainable food production
- Develop in conjunction with the project team desk, field, and/or lab-based studies to explore issues and address challenges related to Dairy product production from potential alternatives
- Provide input on various aspects of Dairy product processing (specifically milk), including preservation techniques and nutritional analysis
- Basic knowledge on state-of-the-art food testing and characterization equipment, including Microscopy studies, Chemical Composition Analysis, Microbiological Analysis, Functional Properties, Taste Profiling, Stability Studies, Rheological Testing, and more
- Familiarity with relevant food chemistry techniques, such as Protein Characterization, Enzyme Activity, Calorimetry, and Spectroscopy
- Operational knowledge of lab methods, safety protocols, and standard operating procedures
- Work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team, including researchers and project coordinators
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Bachelors/Masters from a reputable university in Food Science, Food Engineering, Biotechnology, or related discipline
- Experience in undertaking assigned research tasks and contributing to academic outputs
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to function as part of a team working on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors/Masters gained from and/or experience working in a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 1 year of relevant experience as a researcher in academia or in industry
- Experience contributing to high impact publications in the top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Research Assistant
Job Type: Full-time