Salary: Competitive Salary
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Tuesday 05 December 2023
An exciting opportunity for a Fire Damper Technician to join the newly-restructured Maintenance Services team at the University of Surrey.
Working as part of a team responsible for the operational maintenance of the University premises and reporting to the Service Support Manager, you will be undertaking planned and reactive work on building fabric, to support the University’s infrastructure and environment across all of our premises, ensuring that they are maintained in a safe, efficient and functional order.
The post will be required to support our current day pattern of 08.00 – 16.12 Monday to Friday.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain all building fabric, including statutory inspection and testing where required to current legislative requirements
- Ensure failing plant or assets are reported to the Helpdesk and plant areas are maintained in good condition
- Deliver an effective response to maintenance demands from the University
- Ensure compliance with all University H&S and Environmental systems and procedures, taking an active part in the development of any policy
- Ensure the use of equipment and materials in the delivery of maintenance services are appropriate, to current legislation and of the correct standard.
- Carry out multi-skilled tasks where relevant training/experience can be demonstrated.
Please be advised that the successful candidate may be required to undergo enhanced security clearance checks as part of the control measures required by the University.
You may also be required to support the out of hours Rota for the maintenance services team.
What’s in it for you?
We think Surrey is an amazing place to work, and we are carefully crafting a dynamic, flexible, and fun place to work and thrive.
Our campus is a beautiful, leafy environment with carefully designed gardens, vibrant green playing fields, and a picturesque lake. With the buzz of student life and superb working facilities, the University is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research in an inspiring, innovative and diverse environment.
Alongside our gorgeous campus setting, collegiate on-site atmosphere and plentiful development opportunities, we also offer:
- 35 Days Holiday (20 Days Annual Leave + 7 University Closure Days + Bank Holidays)
- Additional Day of Leave per year of service for 5 years
- 36 Hour Working week
- Highly-competitive Pension
- Relevant Training & Development
- On-site discounted Nursery/Childcare
- Electric Vehicle Leasing scheme
- Discounted Surrey Sports Park Membership
For more information or to be considered for either role, please apply via the University Website.
The University of Surrey is committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equal opportunities for all. We place great value on diversity and are seeking to increase the diversity within our community. Therefore, we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities.
Further details: Job Description