KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to work on an exciting research project focused on the development of novel and nutritious superfoods for supplementary dietary solutions. This project aligns with KU's dedication to sustainable food research.
The project aims to create a superfood product with natural sugar sources, catering to the health and wellness needs of the UAE population. This role will involve extensive research into superfood production using low-temperature technology, with a specific emphasis on food formulation and drying techniques, dietary supplement development, and natural sugar incorporation.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the KU Food Lab and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Conduct research on novel superfood development and nutritional assessment with necessary process optimization studies for sustainable food production
- Design and analyze various aspects of low-temperature technology-based food drying methods for food preservation, ensuring quality and nutritional integrity
- Utilize advanced characterization techniques such as Microscopy (SEM, TEM), FTIR, XRD, TGA, HPLC, GC-MS, Particle rheology, and Microbiological analysis for in-depth food analysis
- Familiarity with relevant food chemistry techniques, such as Chromatography, Thermal Analysis, Calorimetry, and Spectroscopy
- Study the feasibility of upscaling lab-scale processes for potential pilot-sized applications in the food industry
- Develop and implement lab-based studies to address challenges and optimize novel superfood production from potential alternatives
- Collaborate on grant proposals, patent applications, and conference presentations
- Provide training to new lab personnel on food processing methods, safety protocols, and standard operating procedures
- Draft project-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and conduct risk assessments for lab equipment and chemicals
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- PhD from a reputable university in Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Food Science, or a related field
- Proficiency in laboratory techniques and equipment relevant to Food Engineering, Drying technology, and Food characterization
- Experience in writing scientific and/or review papers
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 1 year of relevant experience as a Post-doctoral researcher in academia or in industry
- High impact first-author publications in the top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time