RMIT Vietnam is looking for hourly Data Analytics Teacher to teach courses within Business stream at our Saigon South campus. Please click hyperlinks for full detail on courses:
Preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching senior secondary school / pre-tertiary programs, as well as individuals already in Vietnam with immediate availability.
RMIT is a global university of technology, design, and enterprise. We are global in footprint and even more importantly, we are global in mindset. We are committed to making a positive impact wherever we go. The wider our reach, the deeper our connections, the greater our impact.
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University with 700 staff and 7,000 students, in three locations, and recently awarded one of the Best Companies to work for in Asia 2020. From a media perspective RMIT Vietnam enjoys a 40% share of voice in the sector. It brings a world-class education and globalised study environment to the heart of Asia, offering programs in business, technology, communication, design, fashion, and English language. It boasts an impressive range of extra-curricular activities that encourage students to innovate and network globally.
Degrees are awarded by RMIT in Australia and taught in English, enabling Vietnamese students (and visiting international students) the opportunity to receive an international education without having to leave home.
RMIT Foundation Studies is a pre-tertiary pathway program designed to prepare overseas students for further study in Australian higher education programs and includes subjects which are comparable in standard to an Australian year 12 curriculum. A range of learning activities and experiences are designed to develop English language skills, stream specific knowledge as well as study skills which will prepare students for further study at university level.
More information about the program can be found here.
Foundation Studies (FS) Teachers will be responsible for the delivery of the FS program including assessment, academic progress of students and contributing to the development of the FS curriculum and the FS student experience.
Learning and Teaching:
- Deliver teaching programs in a professional and effective manner.
- Support the preparation of FS curriculum.
- Assess the learning outcomes of students in a range of contemporary FS settings. Participate in moderation and validation activities associated with marking and assessment.
- Record marks and grades in accordance with RMIT Training processes.
- Identify 'students at risk' and assist in identifying appropriate strategies to improve student learning.
- Provide feedback to students on their progress in the course.
- Demonstrate best practice delivery modes and appropriate student assessment strategies
- Contribute to orientation activities.
- Collaborate with stream colleagues on curriculum and assessment matters.
- Contribute to course review discussion.
- Monitor and record student attendance and provide advice to students on their progress in accordance with RMIT Training procedures. Apply the principles and practices for child safety for the management of under 18 students.
- Maintain, apply, and share up to date knowledge of professional area and pedagogy associated with the discipline.
- Participate in the professional development program.
- Prepare, plan, and deliver lessons.
- Engage in discussions with colleagues via meetings and workshops to support FS delivery.
- Liaise with students out of class time to provide academic support.
- Collaborate with ARG, Student Services, the Student Wellbeing Manager and Student Experience Specialist to ensure the FS student experience is at a high standard.
- Complete administrative tasks - replying to emails (including students, staff, work related), phone calls (work related), etc.
- Work under the guidance and direction of the Team Leader and Program Manager
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- A recognized master’s degree relevant to the course being taught
- A formal qualification in the delivery of education OR minimum 3 years of relevant teaching experience, including breadth of experience in delivering to students from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Strong and demonstrated record of accomplishment and experience in teaching which includes lesson plan development, assessment, and moderation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capacity to identify learning problems in students, propose and implement effective strategies
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively as a constructive and proactive member of a team
- Demonstrated skills in the use of relevant information and communication technologies
- Excellent team player
- Proven collegiality and the ability to share ideas
- Knowledge of current pedagogical practices
- Culturally agile
- Experience teaching senior secondary school / pre-tertiary programs
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
- Competitive hourly rates per teaching hour.
- Ongoing professional development and mentoring.
- World class teaching facilities and resources.
- Free access to on-site international medical centre and private health insurance.
- On-site gym and recreational facilities, including tennis courts and sports fields.
- On-site world class Library and free access to RMIT Melbourne online library.
- Support and guidance with Visa, Work Permit, and Residence Card processes
30 thg 12 2023 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.