About Khalifa University
Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to address the entire range of strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing our rapidly evolving world.
Its world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students from the UAE and around the world. Our research and academic activities cover a broad range of disciplines in engineering, science and medicine through our three colleges.
Khalifa University’s research relates to key focus sectors of relevance to the UAE’s strategic economic growth and the technology platforms that serve as foundations for these sectors. The University’s research priorities are addressed in two categories “verticals” and “horizontals” which jointly cover specific industry and sector needs, technical platforms and expertise.
KU’s focus sectors are Clean and Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production, Water and Environment, Healthcare, Aerospace, and Supply Chain and Logistics. Research in these sectors is enhanced by our research platforms of Robotics, AI and Data Science, Information and Communication Technologies, and Advanced Materials and Manufacturing as well as Fundamental Sciences.
KU is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow focused on advancing the field of microfluidics and cell-based assays. This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research and development in a collaborative and innovative environment.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the Biomedical engineering department and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
The key responsibilities include:
- Design and develop cell-based assays
- Cultivate and maintain various cell lines and Implement protocols for cell seeding and maintenance within microfluidic devices.
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
Post Doctoral Fellow
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g., Biomedical Engineering, Cell Biology, Microfluidics).
- Hands-on experience with microfluidic device design, fabrication, and operation.
- Proficiency in cell culture techniques and cell-based assays.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Familiarity with data analysis software (e.g., MATLAB, Python) is a plus.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience as researcher in academia or in industry.
- High impact first-author publications in top journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time