KU is seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant to work on the integration of software and hardware components for Khalifa University autonomous vehicles platforms. The scope of work includes software and hardware development tasks mainly on the two designated autonomous vehicle platforms Nissan Leaf and Gen0. The researcher will contribute to the navgiation stack development, sensors integration, visualization of planners and software stacks associated with tools such as RVIZ, and to develop a control room that will serve as a central hub for real-time monitoring, precise control, and rigorous testing of the autonomous vehicle functionalities. Another essential aspect of the researcher's role is to provide support to other team members in integrating their algorithms of perception and planning with the autonomous vehicle platforms, fostering a collaborative environment within the laboratory.
As part of the project, the researcher will have access to state-of-the-art research equipment and facilities at the CENTER NAME (URL) and will get an opportunity to work alongside researchers and graduate students from various backgrounds as part of a wider team.
- Working in C++/Python programming
- Understanding ROS main concepts including nodes, communication and plugins
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- Bachelors from a reputable university in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience of undertaking assigned research tasks and contributing to academic outputs
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to function as part of a team working on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Bachelors gained from and/or experience working in a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- At least 1 year of relevant experience as a researcher in academia or in industry
- Experience contributing to high impact publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE Job: Research Assistant Schedule: Regular Shift: Standard Job Type: Full-time