Job no: 0048557
Role type: Full-time;Fixed-term for 12 months
Faculty: Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department: Anatomy and Physiology
Salary: Level B – $ 114,645.00- $ 136,136.00 p.a plus 17% super
The Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences seeks to appoint an excellent teaching-focused academic with a passion for the field of Anatomy and Physiology.
- The appointee will make significant contributions to learning and teaching, and to research and engagement that focuses on their demonstrated expertise.
- It is an opportunity for a talented academic to join a motivated, engaged and collegiate cohort of Faculty staff.
- Salary packaging, subsidised health and wellbeing services, fitness and cultural clubs, Myki discounts, and a 25% discount on graduate courses to our staff and their immediate families!
About the Role
The Lecturer role involves supporting the Department of Anatomy and Physiology in managing undergraduate subjects. This will include coordinating subjects, conducting practical classes, contributing to assessment development, and demonstrating in anatomy practical classes. The role offers an exciting opportunity to work with experienced teaching Academics and develop skills in subject management and face-to-face teaching.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertake subject coordination duties, and teaching support activities as required by Department Academics
- Contribute to the oversight of sessional staff involved in teaching support for anatomy subjects including recruitment, appointment, induction, and ongoing management and communication
- Contribute to assessment development and delivery (in place or online), including marking of written assessments.
Who We Are Looking For
We’re looking for people who demonstrate strong disciplinary knowledge, excellent communication and engagement skills, the ability to work collaboratively and engage positively with colleagues and stakeholders and are highly motivated to undertake high-quality research.
You will also have:
- A PhD or equivalent tertiary degree or professional qualification with a strong knowledge of topographical and/or clinical anatomy, or a combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of human Body Donor dissection in teaching
- Demonstrated excellence in tertiary teaching in a variety of settings (small and large group, undergraduate and/or postgraduate, face-to-face and online).
For further information regarding responsibilities and requirements, please refer to the attached PD.
This position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check to ensure the University provides a safe environment for everyone.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This role requires current valid work rights for Australia.
Your New Team – Department of Anatomy and Physiology
The Department of Anatomy and Physiology is a highly successful teaching and research department within the School of Biomedical Sciences. We teach into the Bachelor of Biomedical Science and the Master of Biomedical Science through the delivery of subjects across the teaching disciplines of Anatomy, Cell & Developmental Biology, Neuroscience, and Physiology. Our teaching programs are widely recognised for their innovative approach and delivery, both through the development of online resources and in the use of student-focused, active learning approaches. Constant review and refinement of the curriculum and educational methods ensures that we best prepare students for scientific independence as they enter graduate and postgraduate professional and research careers.
What We Offer You!
In addition, we offer the opportunity to be part of a vibrant community and enjoy a range of benefits, including generous leave provisions, salary packaging, health and well-being services and discounts on graduate courses. For more information, check out our benefits page!
About the University of Melbourne
We’re tightly connected with the community, both at home and abroad. We take pride in our people, who all contribute to our mission to benefit society through the transformative impact of education and research. Discover more via our website and stay connected with our stories and people on LinkedIn.
The University of Melbourne values the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and welcomes and celebrates diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, parents, carers, people of all ages, abilities and genders, and people of diverse ethnicity, nationality and faith are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live. For more information please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page.
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the email address listed at the bottom of the page.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We aspire to be the University of choice for Indigenous Australians, with unprecedented investment to attract, nurture and retain Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and staff. Tangible support through a range of programs and initiatives will ensure that you personally succeed and flourish while at the University of Melbourne.
For further information, including our 2023-2027 Indigenous strategy please visit -https://about.unimelb.edu.au/reconciliation/murmuk-djerring
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with the following documents:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest and experience
- The responses against the Selection Criteria^ (found in the Position Description)
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Katie Robertson via email at Faculties-TA@unimelb.edu.au, ensuring that you include the Position Number and the Job Title as the subject. Please do not share your application to this email address.
If you have any particular questions regarding the job please follow the details listed on the Position Description.
Applications close: 6 December 2023 11:55 PM Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)
Position Description: 0048557_Lecturer in Anatomy_PD.pdf