ASSOCIATE LECTURER PRIMARY EDUCATION
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
$104,829 pa (ALEV A)
MT LAWLEY/JOONDALUP CAMPUS
ONGOING, FULL TIME
- Seeking innovative and creative Primary Education Specialists to enhance our dynamic team of experts in this field.
- Opportunity to influence Primary Education teaching and research.
- Join a dynamic and passionate team of Primary Education Specialists.
School of Education
The School of Education is well regarded for delivering highly sought-after graduates to schools and early learning centres. The high quality of our courses has seen continued growth in Primary Education with domestic and international enrolments, as well as an increase in opportunities for engagement in critical local, national, international research. We are seeking an innovative and experienced Primary Education Specialist/Academic Practitioner Scholar who is passionate about high quality primary education and research. We welcome you to join one of the highest-ranking public Universities in Australia for student satisfaction.
Appointees will demonstrate a high level of connectivity between the education of pre-service teachers, their own primary teaching experiences, and engagement within the primary sector.
- Be part of a vibrant primary education academic community.
- Develop and contribute to course curriculum at undergraduate level.
- Foster a research culture specific to primary education.
- Develop and contribute to undergraduate curriculum, in innovative areas of primary teaching.
- Influence strategic and proactive engagement with industry, the profession, and the community.
- Expertise, experience, and a strong pedagogical approach to education in the primary discipline
- Masters (or substantial progress towards completion), and/or be studying for a PhD, and/ or hold professional equivalency, e.g., leadership in a school and/or early learning setting, which would require demonstrated in-depth knowledge of primary curriculum, national learning frameworks and the quality agenda with a research profile evidenced by publications and demonstrated ability to teach at University level.
The successful applicant will also be required to hold and maintain a Working with Children Check and will have Teacher Registration in Western Australia (or eligibility).
Edith Cowan University
At ECU we are guided by our values of integrity, respect, rational inquiry, personal excellence and courage. Our focus on teaching and research is driven by engagement and partnerships with those in the many communities we were established to serve.
Our new ECU City campus is coming to the heart of the Perth CBD and is set to redefine higher education in Western Australia. It will bring incredible opportunities for students, staff, and the community. Find out more about ECU City and the impact your involvement can make on this exciting and career defining project.
All ECU staff also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry, Personal Excellence and Courage. ECU is a smoke-free environment.
Benefits & Remuneration
This ongoing, full-time position attracts remuneration of $104,829 plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our Employment Opportunities website.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Associate Professor Matt Byrne (Associate Dean, Primary) on (08) 6304 5470 or email email@example.com for more information.
Applications close Sunday 3 December 2023 at 11:30 pm (AWST).
How to Apply:
Please submit your current academic CV and a statement (maximum 2 pages) addressing the Role Requirements to your online application. Applicants are encouraged to use the information in this advertisement to contextualise their application.
APPLICATIONS OPEN TO AUSTRALIAN OR NEW ZEALAND CITIZENS OR AUSTRALIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS
ECU is a diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address underrepresentation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.