47 Faculty of Psychology
Startdate: 12.01.2024 | Working hours: 30 | Collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc)
Limited until: permanent
Reference no.: 1562
Among the many good reasons to want to research and teach at the University of Vienna, there is one in particular, which has convinced around 7,500 academic staff members so far. They see themselves as personalities who need space for their continuous striving and curiosity in order to be able to be scientifically successful. Does that sound like something for you? Welcome to our team!
The Faculty of Psychology at the University of Vienna comprises, beside the Dean’s office and the StudyServiceCenter, four Departments.
We offer a position for a university assistant (prae doc) in the Health Psychology Group (Prof. Dr. Laura M. König) at the Department of Clinical and Health Psychology. Together with the research group, you will conduct research to examine the psychological, social and environmental factors that contribute to the execution of various health behaviors. You will also develop and test behavioral health interventions including physical environment-focused (e.g., nudging) and digital interventions. Other research interests include the impact of study participation on subjects' experience and behavior (research participation effects), social inequalities in digital health promotion (Digital Divide), and science communication. For more information: https://gesundheit-psy.univie.ac.at/.
The research group actively promotes open and reproducible science (e.g., through preregistration and sharing of materials and data) and science communication, and values diverse perspectives.
Your personal sphere of influence:
As a university assistant prae doc, you will complement the research team and take over tasks such as:
- Planning and execution of empirical studies.
- Publication of research results in international scientific journals.
- Presentation of research results at national and international conferences.
- Participation in the acquisition of new research projects.
- Participation in science communication activities.
- Participation in the faculty‘s and department´s administration.
Your future tasks
You actively participate in research, teaching & administration, which means:
- You participate in research projects / research studies.
- You conduct research in the central topics at the Health Psychology Group.
- We expect you to finalize your dissertation agreement within 6-12 months.
- Participation in teaching and independent teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement.
- You supervise students.
- You are involved in the organization of meetings, conferences, and symposia.
This is part of your personality:
- Master’s degree or diploma in psychology (desirable) or a neighboring discipline, e.g. nutritional science, public health, communication science, human-computer-interaction.
- High interest in research in the field of health psychology.
- Very good knowledge of quantitative data analysis methods.
- Ability to present and process research questions in a structured way.
- Ability to work in a team.
- High commitment and initiative.
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
Desirable qualifications are:
- Very good command of written and spoken German
- Initial experience in conducting systematic reviews, laboratory experiments, or Ecological Momentary Assessments related to health behaviors (e.g., eating behavior, physical activity).
- Initial teaching experience.
- Working experience in interdisciplinary or intersectoral teams.
What we offer:
The employment duration is 4 years. Initially limited to 1.5 years, the employment relationship is automatically extended to 4 years if the employer does not terminate it within the first 12 months by submitting a non-extension declaration.
The basic salary (full time) according to the classification of the collective bargaining agreement in the B1 salary group amounts to EUR 3,277.30. This amount increases after three years of service. The three-year period shall be reduced by periods for which previous job-related work experience can be proved (see Salary scheme).
Homeoffice: The employee and their superior may flexibly agree on work from home on no more than ten working days a month. The maximum number of days on which employees may work from home depends on the agreed number of working days in a week.
We offer career development opportunities:
- Completing a doctorate and support of a scientific career by working in a committed team.
- Research visits with international cooperation partners.
- Teaching experience in bachelor’s and master’s programs.
- Participation in continued education courses offered by the Graduate Center of the University of Vienna.
- Membership in the Vienna Doctoral School in Cognition, Behaviour and Neuroscience (VDS CoBeNe).
It is that easy to apply:
- With your letter of motivation (max. 2 pages).
- With your academic, tabular curriculum vitae; list of publications if applicable.
- Evidence of teaching experience (if available)
- Description of your research interests and their relation to the research at our research group, with a short doctoral project proposal (max. 3 pages). The focus of the proposal should be on health behaviors (e.g., eating behavior, physical activity).
- Contact details of at least two people who could provide a reference.
- Degree certificates.
- Via our job portal / Apply now - button
If you have any questions, please contact:
Laura Maria König
We look forward to new personalities in our team!
The University of Vienna has an anti-discriminatory employment policy and attaches great importance to equal opportunities, the advancement of women and diversity. We lay special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions among the academic and general university staff and therefore expressly encourage qualified women to apply. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female candidates.
University of Vienna. Space for personalities. Since 1365.
Application deadline: 12/12/2023