Department: Department of Biology – Faculty of Medicine
Deadline: 31 Dec 2023
Start date: February 2024 or by mutual agreement
Job type: full-time
Job field: Science and research
The Faculty of Medicine at Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for the position of
a JUNIOR RESEARCH GROUP LEADER
in Cancer Biology
Description of the Department/Research group:
Department of Biology is an international center of Biomedical research based at the Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University Brno, Czech Republic. We currently support seven independent research groups that strive to understand challenging questions in the areas of molecular medicine, cancer biology, cell signaling, DNA repair and genome stability, embryonic and pluripotent stem cells, and bacterial genetics and genomics.
We are part of the National Institute for Cancer Research – so far, the largest project of academic cancer research in the Czech Republic. Our location at University Campus at Bohunice is ideally situated for collaborations with the University Hospital Brno and research groups and facilities in the neighboring Central European Institute of Technology. We coordinate an innovative, interdisciplinary, and internationally oriented PhD program in Biomedical Sciences.
See more about Department of Biology here.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- have a significant publication activity in the given field, corresponding to the junior stage of the career (minimum three first-author publications with an IF above the field median);
- have a significant international scientific experience longer than 3 years;
- have an own attractive scientific project with the potential to succeed in international competition.
Specific criteria include:
- long-term experience in the field of cancer research evidenced by related publication history;
- the research history should indicate the applicant´s ability to conduct research in cancer biology with a special focus on p53 biology;
- outstanding communication skills and a strong aptitude for teamwork.
MU provides the chance to:
- establish your own research group with an annual funding of minimum CZK 1,000,000 for three years.
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- initial contract for 3 years;
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions;
- interact with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalized environment;
- welcome office service for the successful candidate and his/her family.
Anticipated start date: The position is open starting Feb 2024 or by mutual agreement.
The deadline for submission is 31st December 2023.
How to apply:
Please use the "E-Application" link below. After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation of acceptance via email. For more information, contact prof. RNDr. Ondrej Slaby, Ph.D.by e-mail: email@example.com
The application includes:
- motivation letter (max. 1 page),
- research proposal (max. 4 pages),
- scientific CV of the applicant (max. 1 page), incl. impact factors for papers in the last 5 years as first or corresponding author,
- applicant’s key requirements (tools and equipment, research team, …),
- contact details to three references,
- Ph.D. diploma,
- Documents proving the candidate has worked at least 3 whole years in the last 5 years outside the territory of the Czech Republic and/or Phd diploma from a foreign institution.
Please, download the application form here: https://is.muni.cz/go/l5ou7i and include all the information above in this form (the structure is already set there).
If you are unable to download the application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you.
Further information about: