A research engineer position is available in Assistant Professor Yanwei LUM’s team at the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering. The goal of the project is to develop highly efficient and selective electrocatalysts for recycling of waste CO¬2 into chemicals and fuels. Such catalysts will be integrated into lab scale CO2 electrochemical reactors where conversion will take place.
Some examples of activities to be carried out in the project are:
- Regularly perform materials synthesis and characterization for the development of novel electrocatalysts.
- Sample preparation for electrocatalytic studies.
- Carry out electrochemical techniques to determine electrocatalyst performance.
- Perform product analysis and quantification using methods such as GC, HPLC and NMR.
Candidates must have obtained a Bachelor and Master Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering or related fields.
Candidates are required to have the following skillsets:
- Materials synthesis for a variety of solid inorganic materials as electrocatalysts through various synthesis procedures.
- A strong understanding and extensive experience in electrochemistry and electrocatalysis is a must
- Working knowledge and experience in GC, NMR and HPLC.
- Experience in operando catalyst studies (e.g. in-situ Raman, FTIR and etc)
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 22469