The Asia Centre for Health Security at the National University of Singapore is seeking a Research Associate with experience to support Centre leadership in conducting studies in the area of biosafety/biosecurity policy and regulation, focusing on DNA synthesis screening in Asia.
The Research Associate will play an essential role in developing the Center’s research agenda to map DNA synthesis screening in Asia and issue policy recommendations. To that end, successful candidates will be expected to carry out research activities, write reports, and other documentation, and support the organization of events. The RA will be expected to work independently under the supervision of Centre leadership and in interaction with other Centre members.
Applicants are expected to have at least a master’s degree from an established University, preferably in biotechnology, biology, synthetic biology, life sciences, public health, public policy, or law. The candidate should have knowledge and/or experience in the field of biosafety/biosecurity and policy. Knowledge/experience in the field of DNA synthesis screening is an advantage. An ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Experience conducting desk research in the fields of biosafety/biosecurity and policy;
- Experience conducting qualitative research at the biosafety/biosecurity and policy interface, including collecting and analysing interviews, surveys, or other qualitative data.
- Independent, reliable, well-organised, meticulous to detail, focused.
- Possesses excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of any or some of the languages spoken in Asia may be an advantage.
- Entry-level candidates with relevant training or expertise are welcome to apply.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department: Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
Job requisition ID: 22479
For more information on the position, please contact Ms Yvonne Teo (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)