- Full time, fixed term till 31 March 2024
- Opportunity to project manage and support HDR (higher degree by research) student recruitment
- Base Salary $117,116 - $132,079K + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
In this role the Project Manager provides overall project management and guidance to support HDR (higher degree by research) student recruitment. This role will build and implement HDR student recruitment project plans providing effective management of activities and deliverables to ensure milestones and deliverables are realised. You will manage stakeholders and communications, ensuring effective collaboration and team work with other HDR teams and stakeholders across the University. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work with teams across Sydney Future Students and HDR teams across the University to build work stream specific project plans, ensuring an accurate and consistent definition of project phases, objectives, work activities and tasks, timing, milestones and deliverables for the project
- support student recruitment lead nurture and conversion communications, deliver presentations to prospective students and engage to provide advice on HDR opportunities
- engage in the development of HDR student recruitment projects in collaboration with stakeholders across Sydney Future Students and the University
- conduct information sessions and training as required across the work area affected by the project to ensure that stakeholders are appropriately informed with the latest insights and information regarding HDR options for prospective students
- support the Recruitment Manager, HDR, and the Director, Faculty Partnerships and Recruitment Services to develop a strategic roadmap for HDR student recruitment for the next 18 months and provide strong relationship management with key external and internal HDR partners.
- postgraduate qualifications in a relevant field, and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- experience managing a diverse group of key internal/external stakeholders on large or complex projects
- ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands
- sound understanding of project management competencies including scope, time, cost, quality, HR, communications, cost, risk, procurement and integration.
This position is available as a secondment opportunity for internal candidates. Appointment is subject to agreement between the relevant delegates of the home and host units in accordance with the Secondment policy.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Kristy Fairweather, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
Sunday 26 November 2023 11:59 PM
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.