Research Assistant (Immunology Translational Research Programme)
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant hosted in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine with affiliation to Immunology Translational Research Programme.
Purpose of the post
- The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to investigate the homeostatic functions of tissue resident macrophage and their implication in health and diseases using multiple systems and cutting-edge technologies.
- The RA will be closely supervised by Associate Professor ANGELi Veronique, the Principal Investigator (PI) and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the trial on time.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Research Assistant will
- Oversee the general management of the project;
- Undertake the day to day running of the project at the study site, e.g. peripheral blood processing, cell culture, flow cytometry, RNA sequencing and microscopy;
- Conduct literature searches, using SPSS to enter data, and analyse data and maintain trial database, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures; and
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI. E.g procurement.
The applicant should:
- Have a first degree in Life Sciences/Biology preferably with some experience in research;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS office, PowerPoint.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Microbiology And Immunology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 18396