Research Fellow (Hybrid Bonding and Interposer Development)
The Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Department at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Research Fellow to join our team and contribute to our research activities in the field of hybrid bonding and interposer development. You will play a key role in optimizing die bonding and wafer bonding processes, developing fabrication processes for electronics/photonics interposers, and performing electrical and optical characterization. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies and collaborate with a team of researchers and engineers.
- Develop multi-scale heterogeneous integration process technology.
- Conduct research on hybrid bonding techniques for dies on SiC interposers, including optimization of bonding parameters and process optimization.
- Develop and optimize die bonding processes, including die attach materials selection, surface preparation, and bonding methods.
- Investigate and develop wafer bonding processes for interposer fabrication, considering factors such as alignment accuracy, bonding strength, and yield.
- Design and fabricate electronics/photonics interposers using advanced microfabrication techniques, ensuring high precision and reliability.
- Electrical and optical characterization of interposers using appropriate measurement techniques and equipment.
- Perform thermal and thermomechanical analysis using simulation software.
- Collaborate with team members and external partners to address research challenges and propose innovative solutions.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, along with a stimulating research environment and access to state-of-the-art facilities. This is a full-time position with an initial contract duration of 12 months, with potential for renewal based on performance and funding availability.
To apply, please submit your application materials, including a cover letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Candidate should meet at least 4 criteria from the following list:
- PhD degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in microelectronic devices, circuits, and hybrid component integration.
- Proficiency in thermal and thermomechanical analysis using simulation software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a research-oriented environment.
- Open to Fixed Term Contract.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 20892