We are looking for highly motivated candidates with relevant training and expertise in assistive and rehabilitation system design, sensing, and control at the NUS Biorobotics Lab with the Department of Biomedical Engineering.
General scope of work will include:
Mechanism design, real-time control system software development, dynamic modeling, control system design, intelligent sensing, AI and machining learning, VR/AR software development, human biomechanics analysis and testing and clinical evaluation.
Candidate possess at least a bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical engineering, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, nursing or rehabilitation therapy.
The candidates should have expertise and practical experience and track record in at least one of the following technical areas:
- Robot mechanisms and actuators design. Robotic arm, robotic hand and end effectors, mobile platforms, kinematics and dynamics modeling and analysis. Practical experience with design for manufacturing.
- Hardware and software development with embedded system, real-time control, and ROS. VR/AR software development.
- Intelligent control system design for robotics systems.
- Wearable robotics, exoskeletons, and rehabilitation robots.
- Human biomechanics, human sensory motor control, neuroscience, neuro-rehabilitation, physical therapy, or nursing.
- Intelligent sensing and machine learning, including visual and tactile, for robot manipulation and grasping
- Design and control for physical human robot interaction
- Strong written and spoken communication.
- Open to fixed-term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21315