Senior Research Scientist, Bioinfomatician (Cancer Science Institute)
The position of Postdoctoral Fellow - with an emphasis on computational cancer genomics - is immediately available at the Cancer Science Institute of Singapore (a part of National University of Singapore). The Postdoctoral Fellow will work with the laboratories of Professor Ashok Venkitaraman, on a project studying the evolution of cancer genomes during early steps in carcinogenesis, with the long-term aim to develop better methods for early intervention.
This is an exciting opportunity to deploy expertise in computational biology in an active multidisciplinary environment, working closely with experimental cancer biologists to address major scientific problems.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will apply existing analytic pipelines and devise new algorithms to explore data derived from multiple DNA sequencing technologies (e.g., Illumina & Nanopore) to resolve cancer genome evolution at the clonal level. S/he will also analyse complementary data from other technologies, ranging from single-cell RNAseq to chromatin immunoprecipitation to chromatin accessibility (ATAC-seq), using a variety of novel cellular models established in Professor Venkitaraman’s laboratory. Experimental findings will be explored and validated using clinical genomic datasets.
Please refer to https://www.csi.nus.edu.sg/web/ashok-venkitaraman/ for more information on Professor Ashok Venkitaraman’s research
Interested applicants should include the following documents in the job application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Summary of past research experience
- Description of long-term plans
- At least 3 referees including their name, contact information (email) and relationship to applicant
Duties And Responsibilities
The applicant for this position should possess a PhD in Human genetics, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Computer science, or related fields, with a strong track record of achievement exemplified by publications, is important, as is the required expertise in computational biology listed below. Experience in the methods to be used in the project is desirable.
- Firm understanding of the principles of clonal evolution
- Experience analyzing DNA sequencing data
- Strong Python and/or R programming skills
- Proficient with standard statistical analyses
- Strong publication record
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
- Proficiency with Unix-based systems
- Experience with collaborative software development via github/gitlab