Job reference: 23/111420
Date posted: 20/11/2023
Application closing date: 11/12/2023
Salary: £37,841 per annum
Job category/type: Research
The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow to work on a Leukaemia and Lymphoma NI (LLNI) funded project focused on identifying potential resistance mechanisms to agents in clinical trial for the treatment of paediatric AML using CRISPR/Cas9 technology.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet the following criteria:
- Have or be about to obtain a relevant PhD (within 3 months of completion) in cancer biology, molecular biology or related discipline
- At least 3 years’ relevant research experience working in the field of cancer biology
- Experience working with in vitro cancer models
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 technology and screening
- Experience with a range of molecular techniques, such as PCR, qPCR, IHC/ IF, WB, RNA-seq, NGS, CRISPR, IP (experience with at least 4 of these techniques is required).
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This post is available on a fixed term contract until 31 December 2025.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Jonathan Morgan via email@example.com
About The Centre
Attractive Reward Package
Further Information for International Applicants