Established in 2004, the Institute of South Asian Studies (ISAS) is an autonomous research institute in the National University of Singapore. It is dedicated to research on contemporary South Asia. The Institute seeks to promote understanding of this vital region of the world and to communicate knowledge and insights about it to policymakers, the business community, academia, and civil society, in Singapore and beyond.We are looking to appoint a Visiting Research Professor as part of our research team.
- PhD in South Asia’s International Relations, South Asian Studies or related research fields.
- Research focus should be on one or more of the following areas relating to South Asia:
- India’s foreign and security policy
- Security studies
- India-Pakistan relations
- Arms control and disarmament
- Peace and conflict resolution
- Candidates must be senior scholars with extensive research experience and a strong publication record in the abovementioned areas.
- Experience in mobilising research project funding and in dealing with international research institutes on South Asia.
The appointment is for two months only.
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letter, detailed resume and a sample written article on South Asia in a PDF attachment.
Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.