Placement Officer (Graduate School of Education)
- Exciting opportunity to work on professional placements for the new Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Honours) course which commences for the first time in 2024.
- Level 5, full-time appointment (1.0 FTE) on an ongoing basis.
- Base salary range: $76,422 – $84,705 p.a. (pro-rata) plus 17% superannuation.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
College Services provides academic administration and technical support services to the University’s schools, including Heads of School, academic staff and research students. The team is committed to providing effective and efficient services in support of the Schools’ and University’s strategic objectives, with a focus on continuous improvement and best practice. The Schools Operations team provides academic support services and general administrative support to the University’s Schools.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under general direction, organise professional placement opportunities for students and undertake the administrative functions associated with an area’s placement program.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated equivalent competency.
- Substantial relevant administrative experience at an appropriate level.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email.
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively as part of a team.
- Ability to provide student support and learning and teaching support in a higher education setting.
- Ability to liaise and network effectively with a range of professionals and establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to providing a high level of quality customer service.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: POSITION DESCRIPTION [Placement Officer (Graduate School of Education)] - Position Number [320199, 320200, 321787] - Level  (1).pdf.
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
You may also submit an additional statement (1 page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application. Applicants who have experienced periods of academic/professional interruption or other relevant events can include a description of achievements relative to opportunity in this statement.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Thursday, 30 November 2023.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Martin Swann on (08) 6488 2380 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at email@example.com with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.