- Full time, continuing position for Faculty Student Recruitment Coordinators working for Sydney Future Students to support faculty/school-level student recruitment
- Leveraging extensive student recruitment, product insights, reporting and events experience to deliver exceptional client and customer-focused services
- HE0 7 - Starting from $104,633 plus 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
Sydney Future Students - Faculty Partnerships team is in a period of exciting and significant alignment in services towards the University's student recruitment plan and strategies across faculties and schools. To deliver the best possible support for the implementation of the strategies and associated initiatives, we are recruiting for seven highly experienced student recruitment professionals to join the team as Faculty Student Recruitment Coordinators.
The new role of Faculty Student Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for working closely with the Senior Manager, Faculty Student Recruitment in implementing student recruitment initiatives for the faculty/school on behalf of Sydney Future Students (SFS). This is an exciting opportunity to bring your extensive skills in student recruitment, product insights, and events, alongside exceptional organisation, coordination and stakeholder relationship management to the forefront in delivering high quality results for our internal and external stakeholders and prospective students. The Faculty Student Recruitment Coordinators will also deliver high-level, effective and accurate reporting and insights to allow for data driven, informed decision-making.
In addition, this role oversees the coordination of key student recruitment activities and events in-person and online that underpin the initiatives outlined within the student recruitment strategy. These include Open Days (domestic and international), Info Days, postgraduate evenings, webinars, master/taster classes, bookable consultations, school visits, campus tours, prospective student enquiries support and various other student recruitment activities both in-person and online.
These roles will require a blend of operational and strategic skills and experience and present an opportunity for you to further advance your career in student recruitment. We are looking for motivated, dedicated and highly experienced student recruitment professionals with a strong sense of initiative, ownership, collaboration and positive workplace dynamics to add value to our stakeholders and wider team.
These roles will require primarily being located onsite with stakeholders and the SFS team on the University's campuses, and a willingness and ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings in order to support various student recruitment campaigns to prospective students, in-market events (in-person and online), and engagement activities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work under broad direction of the Senior Manager, Faculty Student Recruitment to co-develop, implement, and review faculty/school-based student recruitment plans that feed into the University's student recruitment plan and support the achievement of student profile targets
- undertake research to support reporting for the faculty/school, including for market analysis and student demand for course reviews and proposals, and providing insights into competitors' activities at a course and area-of-interest-level
- oversee, coordinate, and execute on the logistics for university-wide and faculty or school-specific student recruitment activities, including scheduling meetings, coordinating attendees, preparing briefs and presentations, and booking meetings in various locations, sourcing appropriate venues and resources
- develop specialist knowledge of the courses and faculty/school, including the unique selling points, and share this information with colleagues in Sydney Future Students and prospective students and key influencers
- manage student recruitment data and support analysis and development of reports including pipeline activity on an ongoing basis
- initiate and develop high quality professional relationships with faculty administrative staff, senior officials and other internal stakeholders and contribute positively to the team environment and effective interactions.
- demonstrated capacity utilising gained extensive student recruitment experience to create, develop and implement new initiatives to improve prospective student engagement and conversion
- proven ability to lead, motivate and work with staff to achieve targets and to work as part of a team to deliver high quality, professional outcomes
- proven professional leadership and coordination experience in a large complex organisation
- ability to leverage proven student recruitment experience in the co-creation and implementation of customer focused integrated student recruitment strategies and operational plans
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a confident presentation style and ability to adapt communication approach to suit different audiences
- experience in handling a wide range of enquiries and providing excellent customer service. Demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters
- tertiary qualifications and relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include, diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Sowmya Venugopal, Recruitment Operations on 02 9036 4913 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Sunday 30th November 2023 11:59 PM
Click to view the Position Description for this role.