FACULTY OPENING FOR SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPY AT THE SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
The Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is Singapore’s first University of Applied Learning, offering industry-relevant degree programmes that prepare its graduates to be work- and future-ready professionals. Its mission is to maximise the potential of its learners and to innovate with industry, through an integrated applied learning and research approach, so as to contribute to the economy and society.
The university’s unique pedagogy integrates work and study, embracing authentic learning in a real-world environment through collaborations with key strategic partners. Its focus on applied research with business impact is aimed at helping industry innovate and grow.
SIT espouses an applied learning approach and offers degrees with a strong focus on science and technology. Our faculty work closely with industry on translational research and innovation, as well as provide consultancy on solutions to industry challenges.
As a young university, we encourage innovation and seek the right candidates to join us in realising our vision. We offer competitive remuneration, generous employment benefits, access to funding to undertake research of relevance to industry, and opportunities to inspire and nurture the next generation of skilled and work-ready graduates. We currently have positions available at all levels, from Lecturer to Full Professor, for the discipline- Speech and Language Therapy in the Health and Social Sciences Cluster.
Applicants should possess either:
- an earned PhD or equivalent/ is completing a PhD from a reputable university in Speech and Language Therapy/ Pathology and relevant clinical experience, or
- extensive professional experience with demonstrated strong technical expertise in one of the following areas:
- Communication Disorders in Preschool and School-age Children;
- Acquired Cognitive-communication and Language Disorders;
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication;
- Fluency and Related Disorders;
- Voice Sciences and Disorders ;
- Dysphagia Management in Adults;
- Paediatric Feeding and Swallowing Disorders;
The appointee will be expected to undertake funded clinical-relevant research, teach courses in speech-language therapy programme, as well as supervise undergraduate students in relevant topics. They are also provided with paid leave to undertake consultancy work with industry and/or spend time attached with industry.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. All applications must be submitted electronically via the "Apply Now" button below. Please contact the HSS Cluster Director, Associate Professor Tan Bhing Leet or Programme Leader, Associate Professor Valerie Lim via HR_Faculty@singaporetech.edu.sg if you have any enquiries relating to these opportunities.