About Khalifa University
Khalifa University is ranked 181st in the QS World University Rankings 2023, and the top University in the UAE, with a range of research and academic programs designed to address the entire range of strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing our rapidly evolving world.
Its world-class faculty and state-of-the-art research facilities provide an unparalleled learning experience to students from the UAE and around the world. Our research and academic activities cover a broad range of disciplines in engineering, science and medicine through our three colleges.
Khalifa University’s research relates to key focus sectors of relevance to the UAE’s strategic economic growth and the technology platforms that serve as foundations for these sectors. The University’s research priorities are addressed in two categories “verticals” and “horizontals” which jointly cover specific industry and sector needs, technical platforms and expertise.
KU’s focus sectors are Clean and Renewable Energy, Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production, Water and Environment, Healthcare, Aerospace, and Supply Chain and Logistics. Research in these sectors is enhanced by our research platforms of Robotics, AI and Data Science, Information and Communication Technologies, and Advanced Materials and Manufacturing as well as Fundamental Sciences.
The medical imaging lab at Khalifa University immediately needs a highly motivated postdoctoral research fellow. The successful candidate will focus on the development of AI-based material identification methods adapted to SPCCT. The candidate will implement advanced deep-learning architectures for optimal voxel-based characterization for different calcium types to characterize crystal-induced arthropathies. The role requires an advanced level of computational and programming skills, strong knowledge of image processing, general knowledge of x-ray physics, and strong networking skills, and collaborate with clinicians, engineers, other local and international researchers, and graduate students.
- Develop AI based computer-aided assessment techniques adapted to spectral photon-counting CT.
- Use the develop model to distinguish crystals containing different calcium types from those that do not in phantoms and ex-vivo samples
- Collaborate with clinicians, engineers, other local and international researchers, and graduate students.
- Develop customized equipment and phantoms, and innovative procedures for CT imaging
- Perform image analysis, process, and interpret data and produce high IF publications
- Grant preparation
- Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- PhD from a reputable university in physics, applied physics, medical physics, biomedical engineering, radiological sciences, applied mathematics, or other medical imaging related field or related discipline.
- Advanced computer programming skills such as (e.g., Matlab, Python, C++)
- Proficiency in designing, implementing, and fine-tuning deep learning models
- Experience writing scientific or review papers;
- Strong expertise in image processing techniques in the context of medical imaging
- A willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The proven ability to work on multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines.
- Ability to train and mentor students and support fellow researchers
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- PhD gained from a top 200 QS or THE ranked University
- Relevant experience as a Post-doctoral researcher in academia or in industry.
- High impact first-author publications in top 10% journals in the relevant field
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi UAE
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time