School of Humanities and Social Science now invites applications and nominations for:
Open Rank Faculty Position in Physical Education (Ref. AC2023/025/01)
Associate Professor (Teaching)/Assistant Professor (Teaching)/Lecturer
- a Master degree or above in Physical Education, Sports Training or Sports Science; major in Orienteering, Rock Climbing, Table Tennis, Yoga, Dancesport, Wushu, Aquatics or sports science; a Ph.D. degree preferred.
- relevant experience in teaching and coaching for at least two or more courses at University level, applicant with relevant experiences in teaching and coaching at tertiary level will be preferred;
- proficiency in Chinese and English.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- teaching physical education course for undergraduates including international students, as well as courses in physical fitness and health;
- undertaking coaching during term time and summer months; and
- assisting in organizing sports activities and in administrative duties related to physical education.
The appointee is expected to commence work in AY2022-23. A Ph.D. is preferred in hand prior to taking up the appointment.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment will be made under the establishment of CUHK, Shenzhen and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the People’s Republic of China. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China. Successful applicants can also apply for additional benefits through high-talent schemes at the Guangdong provincial level, the Shenzhen city level, and the Longgang district level.
Applicants should apply online at http://academicrecruit.cuhk.edu.cn/hss and upload up-to-date CV, certification of all degrees and teaching evaluation report. Applicants will be required to arrange three recommendation letters after being shortlisted.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and considered until the post is filled.
About The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen is established in accordance with the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Chinese-foreign Cooperation in Running Schools upon approval of the Ministry of Education. It inherits the educational philosophy and academic systems of The Chinese University of Hong Kong. It is intended to evolve into a world-class research university with strong international orientation. It is committed to nurturing high-end talents with a global perspective, Chinese cultural tradition and social responsibility.