- Full time fixed term contract for 2.5 years until 31st of August 2026
- Opportunity to provide high level oversight of the research program of John Walsh Centre for Rehabilitation Research (JWCRR)
- Located at Kolling Institute at St Leonards
- HEO 9, Base Salary $135,82- $143,310 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Centre Program Manager provides high level oversight of the research program of John Walsh Centre for Rehabilitation Research (JWCRR), to build the JWCRR brand and profile to demonstrate innovation and translation with benefit to the NSW systems involving the State Insurance Regulatory Agency and icare.
The jobholder will ensure that all JWCRR projects have an impact and translation plan, to optimise conduct and reporting of JWCRR projects and will further develop a dedicated marketing and communication strategy that ensures the work of the JWCRR is effectively promoted to national and international stakeholders and target audiences.
The role is also responsible for contract management, grant planning and coordination, compliance, identification of new funding opportunities, budget oversight and staff management.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide effective program management for the research being undertaken by the work area
- support the strategic direction of the research work undertaken by the work area
- provide financial management and funding oversight for research programs in the work area
- manage provision of services and resources for the research being undertaken by the work area
- manage key stakeholder relationships, events and communications
- disseminate and promote research impact and translation
- provide effective leadership and people management of research staff in the work area.
We are looking for Centre Program Manager who possesses:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field and a combination of management experience and training
- demonstrated experience in the supervision, training, mentoring and performance management of staff; and experience managing and resolving a diverse range of finance and HR issues to manage a team strategically and effectively
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with day to day operational and strategic matters
- excellent time, organisational and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, solve varied and atypical problems, meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes
- proven ability to interpret and conceptualise complex policy frameworks, formulate strategies and action plans and to modify existing processes and methods as required to support research projects and to achieve research translation
- experience in a research-intensive environment, designing and implementing research infrastructure and support initiatives, particularly in a university and/or local health district setting to provide appropriate support for the continuous development and improvement of research performance
- extensive experience in preparation of grant applications, academic report writing, servicing committees, preparing and presenting complex reports, and project management
- financial management experience and literacy, experience preparing and managing budgets, experience assessing resource needs and implications of project/grant applications, and experience controlling income and expenditure
- working understanding and current knowledge of relevant aspects of the Work Health and Safety Policy and relevant legislation (including Safe Laboratory Practices for roles based in Laboratory).
To be considered for this position, please demonstrate your skills and experience in the below two areas with examples/evidence in your cover letter and upload with your CV.
- Experience in a research-intensive environment, designing and implementing research infrastructure and support initiatives, particularly in a university and/or local health district setting to provide leadership and appropriate support for the continuous development and improvement of research performance
- Extensive experience in preparation of grant applications, academic report writing, servicing committees, preparing and presenting complex reports, and project management.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Faiza Khan, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Wednesday 29 November 2023 11:59 PM