- An exciting senior leadership opportunity to lead a high performing team providing medical services to students and staff of the University
- Level 10 Grade 1, part-time appointment (0.2 FTE) on an ongoing basis
- Base salary range: $140,667 – $146,147 (pro rata) p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
This position sits in the Student Accommodation and Community Division and provides co-aligned and extracurricular services for enrolled students, staff and community stakeholders. The Division manages a significant asset portfolio for the University, including all sporting facilities and infrastructure, as well as a series of student accommodation buildings and facilities. Co-aligned support services include; the residential onsite student accommodation services of University Hall, UWA Medical Centre, UWA Child Care Services, UWA Sport and the commercial operations team (encompassing short stay accommodation and events). The area works closely with the Student Guild and the Division of Student Life.
The University Medical Centre provides a range of professional, client-focussed services in support of the University strategic objective to improve the quality of the student experience and support student success.
The Medical Centre provides convenient, confidential and comprehensive medical care for UWA students and staff. Services are provided across a range of areas, including General Practitioner consultations; emergency medical care; adult immunisations; travel advice; vaccinations; sexual health and the management of mental health problems.
About the opportunity
You will provide clinical leadership and support within UWA Medical Centre. You will be responsible for clinical governance, taking account of the special characteristics and needs relating to University students and staff as well as the needs of the Institution.
You will provide senior strategic planning and direction to the area and respond to complex and diverse enquiries, using expertise and judgement to independently analyse and solve problems.
You will be an experienced, dynamic and strategic leader, responsive to the complex and diverse needs that arise in a busy medical practice.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Recognised medical practitioner with current registration with the Medical Board of Western Australia
- Hold a valid certification as a General Practitioner within the UWA Medical Centre
- Vocational registration status with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners is desirable
- Extensive experience as a general medical practitioner within a general medical practice
- Excellent organisational skills with the demonstrated ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, show initiative, problem solve and strategically lead and drive teams
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Clinical Lead 515098.pdf
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
You may also submit an additional statement (1-page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application. Applicants who have experienced periods of academic/professional interruption or other relevant events can include a description of achievements relative to opportunity in this statement.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Wednesday, 29 November 2023.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Fiona McAuliffe at email@example.com
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.