Department: Alemeh Zamani Research Group: Choroid Plexus in Diseases – Faculty of Medicine
Deadline: 31 Jan 2024
Start date: October 2024 or upon agreement
Job type: full-time
Job field: Science and research
Medical Faculty of Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for a two-year
POSTDOC POSITION in Neuroscience
A postdoc position is currently available in Alemeh Zamani research group at the Department of Anatomy, known for its dynamic and welcoming work environment. We are looking for an inspired applicant to lead a collaborative and generously-funded project exploring the immune-reactivity of the brain barriers in disease. Our main focus is on understanding the modifications that occur in brain barriers during Alzheimer’s disease and neuropathy, using cutting-edge techniques such as next-generation sequencing and advanced proteomics methods. A special interest will be in investigating the regulatory functions of the brain barriers in systemic and local inflammation.
The successful candidate should:
- Hold a Ph.D. or its equivalent in the relevant discipline, awarded within the past 7 years.
- Have a research background that includes a minimum of 2 full years of work within the last 3 years in the field of research conducted outside the Czech Republic, with a workload equivalent to at least 0.5 full-time employment, or has experience as a doctoral student (or equivalent) in an international setting.
- Demonstrate a publication record that includes a minimum of three research outputs (articles) within the past three years, surpassing the field's median standards, with at least two of them ranked in Q1 according to Web of Science.
Specific qualifications include:
- A strong understanding of the immune system, including knowledge of immune regulation and the mechanisms of inflammation, is crucial.
- Experimental skills relevant to the project (including molecular techniques and cell culture methods) and high motivation and capability for learning new concepts and methods are required.
- Possessing a robust foundation in bioinformatics will be greatly advantageous.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, with excellent communication skills and scientific writing capability.
- Demonstrating strong organizational skills.
- An initial two-year appointment.
- An exceptionally competitive salary commensurate with the applicant's skills and proficiency.
- An enticing position within a rapidly evolving university precinct.
- A range of diverse and stimulating responsibilities within an outstanding research environment.
- The opportunity to collaborate with a professional team in a comfortable work environment.
- Interaction with renowned scientists within an inspiring, globally-connected setting.
- A dedicated welcome service tailored to the needs of the successful candidate and their family.
Include these in your application:
- A comprehensive CV detailing your publication history,
- a copy of your diploma,
- contact information for two referees who can provide insights into your qualifications,
- a brief but substantive description of your research focus and the specific topic you intend to investigate. Justify the relevance of this research within the field,
- submission of documents validating that you have accumulated a minimum of two full years of work experience outside the Czech Republic within the past three years and/or proof of a Ph.D. diploma from a foreign institution.
Anticipated start date: The position is available from 1st October 2024 or upon agreement
The submission deadline is 31st January 2024
How to apply:
Please use the "E-Application" link below. After submitting your application, you will receive an automatic confirmation of acceptance via email. For more information, contact Alemeh Zamani, PhD. by e-mail: email@example.com
Further information about: