UWA Business School
- Join a diverse and collaborative team at a Business School placed in Australia’s top four 'best of best'
- Active engagement with national and international research communities
- Two Level B, full-time ongoing appointments available
- Salary range: $108,509 –$128,404 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the school
The UWA Business School is ranked in the Top 4 Best Business Schools in Australia and #1 in Western Australia (2023). In its unique position on the West Coast of Australia, facing the Indo-Pacific, the School aims to extend its education mission to the broader region offering world-class education and leading international research that is relevant to the challenges of today and the future. The UWA Business School has around 100 academic staff and 5,000 students and teaches both undergraduate, postgraduate masters, MBA and PhD courses. It is accredited by both the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and is a signatory to UN PRME.
About the team
Management and Organisations in the Business School offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses, as well as research-based doctoral degrees. The students rank amongst the brightest in Australia, as measured by Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR). The Department is particularly interested in hiring individuals who are enthusiastic about teaching and, equally importantly, have a well-developed research agenda with the aim of publishing in high-quality refereed academic journals.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Head of Department, you will make outstanding contributions to teaching, research and service within the School, in accordance with university rules, the code of conduct and the universities education and academic mission.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- PhD in Analytics/Data Sciences and/or Business Analytics and/or Management degree with significant statistics/analytics content.
- Demonstrated academic experience in a relevant field (business data analytics, programming, management science, information systems)
- Demonstrate a strong research track record displaying ability to undertake research and publish in high-quality international peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrate willingness to obtain research funding.
- Show evidence of a willingness to direct and co-supervise honours and HDR research students.
- Provide evidence of commitment to high-quality teaching. Demonstration of developments of curriculum and initiatives in effective learning are highly valued.
- Demonstrated experience in service activities such as school policy development and other administrative matters.
- Demonstrate or show a commitment to engagement with the community, professional bodies and relevant industry bodies.
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with others.
What we offer to you
The position attracts a competitive remuneration and benefits package including 17% superannuation. We also offer a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with up to 36 weeks paid parental leave, along with work life balance and the opportunity to be part of a high performing, dynamic, friendly and supportive team. We value professional development and encourage our staff to further themselves with the various Professional & Development opportunities available. Our beautiful and historic campus situated in Matilda Bay has wonderful onsite facilities including on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy, a gym and aquatic centre, supermarket and medical centre, cultural activities (like Laurance Wilson Art Gallery and Somerset Cinemas). Staff parking and well-connected transport options are available.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Position description - Lecturer - Business Analytics (515981).docx
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria.
You may also submit an additional statement (1-page max) outlining any personal circumstances which should be considered when assessing your application. Applicants who have experienced periods of academic/professional interruption or other relevant events can include a description of achievements relative to opportunity in this statement.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Thursday, 14 December 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Associate Professor Doina Olaru on +61 (08) 6488 3908 or at email@example.com.
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.