About the Department:
The Department of Computer Sciences at New Uzbekistan University is distinguished by its collaboration with Prof. Arndt Bode from the Chair of Computer Sciences at the Technical University of Munich (TUM). This partnership enriches a curriculum that methodically blends foundational and specialized courses. In the initial two years, students engage in fundamental topics such as programming, algorithms and data structures, object-oriented programming (OOP), and software engineering. As the program advances, students can choose to specialize in various areas. The software engineering track delves into operating systems, computer networks, and computer architecture, while other specializations offer a deep dive into the theory of computation, functional programming, machine learning, mobile programming, and web programming. This diverse and comprehensive curriculum equips students with both the theoretical understanding and practical skills necessary to excel in the rapidly evolving field of computer science.
At NewUU, we offer stability and long-term horizon planning with a strong work-life balance. We invite applications from academics at all stages in their careers to pursue their research and educational goals with us. While recent graduates and postdoctoral researchers can pursue their tenure-track careers within our schools with strong contracts and research support, recent emeriti might want to actualize their leadership projects and ideas helping build NewUU’s human resources and institutional capacity.
What we have in the short organizational record, we make up through ambitious plans and commitments to build our institutions with true academic integrity and freedom. Uzbekistan is a developing economy, with a lower income economics classification but comes with a fascinating history, geography, and amazing human resources potential.
Requirements from candidates:
- Ph.D. degree from a reputed University in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field;
- Teaching and research experience for the
- Full-time Professor rank, at least 10 years;
- Associate Professor rank, at least 5 years;
- Assistant Professor rank, at least 1 year
- International track record of research and professional achievements;
- Excellent record in teaching/overseeing undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. programs;
Your Remuneration, Benefits, and Support:
- 1 round trip air ticket;
- Visa assistance;
- Relocation package;
- Standard medical insurance;
- Book allowances;
- Rеimbursеmеnt of expenses related to the participation in international соnfеrеnсеs.
About New Uzbekistan University:
New Uzbekistan University (NewUU) is Uzbekistan’s first comprehensive research university where research and education are integrated. Located at the heart of greater Central Asia, we are building the nation’s first autonomous institution as the country embarks to conclude its first decade of political and market economy reforms. In a long road ahead of making lasting transformations, the country aims to have its first globally ranked institution among the 1000 best universities in the world by 2030.
NewUU aims to become Central Asia’s premier university through an official partnership with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s (MIT) Jameel Abdul Latif-World Education Lab (J-WEL) and Technical University of Munich (TUM) International. The Honorary President of NewUU is Professor Wolfgang Hermann, TUM’s president emeritus – one of the world’s leaders in higher education management and academic research.
There are four schools and ten departments within the institution:
- Engineering School with two departments in 2023: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical & Materials Engineering;
- School of Computing with three departments in 2023: Computer Science, AI, Cybersecurity;
- School of Arts, Humanities, Natural & Social Sciences with four departments in 2023: Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Education;
- School of Management with one department in 2023: Industrial Management