Marketing and Student Recruitment
Admissions Co-ordinator - REQ000001
Permanent, Part-time: 22 Hours per week
We have big ambitions. Do you?
We are pleased to present an exciting opportunity for an Admissions Co-ordinator to join our high-performing Marketing and Student Recruitment team. In this busy and rewarding role successful candidates will be enthusiastic, have excellent communication skills, pride themselves on attention to detail and work well as part of our successful Admissions function.
The post holder will process applications made to the University for all modes and levels of study from UK, EU and International applicants.
This will involve assessing applications against programme entry requirements in a timely manner - adhering to agreed turnaround times for optimal applicant experience and contributing to successful growth targets for admission to the University.
The post holder will provide advice to colleagues in our four academic Schools as required and importantly, be approachable and supportive in dealing with enquiries.
Candidates will have knowledge of working in administration within a customer-focused environment, have excellent time management skills and experience of dealing with conflicting priorities.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- A HND / BTEC National Diploma / Diploma in Higher Education / equivalent level of qualification in a Customer service or Business Administration subject, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience of administration within a busy and fast paced environment
- Good customer care experience
- Experience of dealing with conflicting priorities
- Experience of problem solving
- Experience of contributing to developing and implementing business processes using own initiative
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
UWS is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 200 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2023 Young University Rankings).
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- An additional days leave on your birthday
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd December 2023
Interview Date: Monday 18th December 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.