The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant for the Division of Paediatric Gastroenterology, within the Department of Paediatrics.
Appointments will be made on a <1 year> contract basis <in the first instance, with the possibility of extension – amend as appropriate>.
Purpose of the post
The principal role of the Research Assistant is to provide support to the A/Prof Marion Aw. This would include support for A/Prof Aw’s research endeavors (both clinical and educational), as well as administrative support for her administrative work. The post-holder would also have to work with other Clinicians in the Division of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Nutrition, Hepatology and Liver Transplantation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Education and Research Administration.
- Conduct literature search, summarizing data, report writing, power point presentations, manuscript preparation and submission.
- Administrative work for Research studies
- Assist with research study design, preparation of study documents as well as ethics application and submission. Be the primary liaison with DSRB/IRB regarding all study-related ethics matters.
- To co-ordination of all study related administration and logistics, to ensure smooth running of studies. i.e. undertake day to day running of the project; Collaborate with various stakeholders, (patients, clinical/ lab staff) and be responsible for data management (data collection, data entry, etc).
- Administrative support for A/Prof Marion Aw.
- Assist in scheduling of meetings, management of funds and claims submissions.
- Assist in tracking research and administrative deadlines, and follow-up action items.
The applicant should:
- Have a first degree in Biomedical science or related field
- Be able to work independently and in a team, have attention to detail;
- Have knowledge of computer applications, e.g. SPSS, MS office, PowerPoint;
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research would be beneficial.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to A/Prof Marion Aw, at email@example.com.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Paediatrics
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21635