Research Assistant, Biological Sciences
5 days left
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore is looking for a Research Assistant to work in an ongoing research project investigating plant-microbe-environment associations. The applicant will be working in a multidisciplinary, collaborative team environment. Ideally possess background and/or expressed interest in working with environmental and plant-associated microbes. Opportunities for guided independent research projects may arise.
The main responsibilities of the positions include:
- Duties would be assigned (either Plant Cultivation or Microbiology) according to their skillsets and interests.
- General assistance with experimental planning, sample preparation, troubleshooting, and documentation.
- Evaluation of experimental results, reporting findings and discussing project outcomes with staff involved.
- Other duties to support research activities should they arise.
Example Plant cultivation role:
- Independently conduct and maintain plant cultivation experiments.
- Soil/plant/water sample processing for DNA extraction, metabolite analysis.
Example Microbiology role:
- Isolating and maintaining microbe cultures.
- Assist with preparing microbial cultures for plant experiments.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences, Environmental Science, Microbiology or relevant field.
- Proficient with basic Microsoft Suite, R software. Experience with bioinformatics software will be advantageous.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English.
- The ideal applicant should also possess strong organizational and communication skills to work well as part of a team.
- 1-2 years of experience with microbiology, molecular lab work, plant cultivation, or DIY work will be considered.
- Fresh BSc (Hons) graduates are welcome to apply.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Biological Sciences
Job requisition ID: 21964